Internal Mic not working

Jhansi

20 posts in this topic

Yes , installed Patched AppleHDA.kext which i download from here, before the installation i Patched my ACPI files DSDT for Audio_id_:- 3.

after installation HDMI, Headphone, Speaker everything is working only internal  mic not working.

but when i insert my headphone in headphone jack then i check in Sound Preferences it shows the input level(if I'm playing video, music on my Laptop) but when i trying to record my audio its not record my Audio its record that music or video which i m playing not my voice ..if i stop video or music internal Mic stop input level stop.

• 2 weeks later...

there's another way of patching applehda.

Download  appleALC from here AppleALC, copy binary to /S/L/E and use/restore native applehda.kext. rebuild kernel cache.

Two layout options 3 or 12. test them both. Set this in clover or dsdt.

• Like 1

any one Help

I had the same problem with the same códec but I resigned myself to make it working with AppleHDA so I use VoodooHDA now. Tried every combination available in pathmap but internal mic never worked well. I hope you have better luck with it!

Funny thing is that VoodooHDA disables your line-in in pinconfig according to the dump, but both mic (Internal and Line-In) works with VoodooHDA

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with the same códec but I resigned myself to make it working with AppleHDA so I use VoodooHDA now. Tried every combination available in pathmap but internal mic never worked well. I hope you have better luck with it!

Funny thing is that VoodooHDA disables your line-in in pinconfig according to the dump, but both mic (Internal and Line-In) works with VoodooHDA

true, i also see that in voodooHDA dump it disable line-in but both working.

Don't Know what's issue with CX20590 , this is very tough , i tried many attempt to make it enable but  still no audio recording ,im still working to on it .. 

did you guys tried it on Yosemite ?? as far as 10.11.4 is concerned for Internal Mic 

Don't Know what's issue with CX20590 , this is very tough , i tried many attempt to make it enable but  still no audio recording ,im still working to on it .. 

did you guys tried it on Yosemite ?? as far as 10.11.4 is concerned for Internal Mic 

I've had this problem since Lion as far as I recall. Never got a fully working AppleHDA since then (Snow Leopard was working fine) and I have been through every cat and mountain since then. Myabe, and just MAYBE we have to disable line-in just as voodooHDA does to make it work. Why? Well, If we carefully look into our linux codec dump, we will find that our internal mic is treated as a "Phantom Jack MIC" (Only by its name, I'm not completely sure what it really means) so I believe that our audio chipset automatically changes the audio-source path from Internal to External using the same pin complex node and audio mixer (And this could be the reason we only hear cracking noises from internal mic since we use a different pathmap for Internal and Jack, and Line-in not being disabled at the same time)

It's only an idea on what's going on with our codec, haven't tried (Kinda busy looking for a job IRL) so I'll just leave this here if someone wanna give it a chance.

I've had this problem since Lion as far as I recall. Never got a fully working AppleHDA since then (Snow Leopard was working fine) and I have been through every cat and mountain since then. Myabe, and just MAYBE we have to disable line-in just as voodooHDA does to make it work. Why? Well, If we carefully look into our linux codec dump, we will find that our internal mic is treated as a "Phantom Jack MIC" (Only by its name, I'm not completely sure what it really means) so I believe that our audio chipset automatically changes the audio-source path from Internal to External using the same pin complex node and audio mixer (And this could be the reason we only hear cracking noises from internal mic since we use a different pathmap for Internal and Jack, and Line-in not being disabled at the same time)

It's only an idea on what's going on with our codec, haven't tried (Kinda busy looking for a job IRL) so I'll just leave this here if someone wanna give it a chance.

yeah , however i also noticed it , after many im able to produce noisy sound from internal mic but still no audio , hope will fix by some day