About iPods, iPhone and Devs

mmk

6 posts in this topic

Many developers were upset when Apple introduced the iPod games because they were excluded from "the business". Dev tools for iPod are not available. I believe that this will *soon* change, and here is the reason I think the tools are not available yet: iPhone.

Many clues point to the fact that iPhone will (is) built on the nano platform. Also a really cool feature of the iPhone would be the software -- that you could write for. This includes, among others, of course, games. It would make no sense for Apple to release these tools (who would probably include some phone specifics) before iPhone is out :D

Of course, these are just speculations. But in my opinion, releasing the iPhone and then some tools to allow users to build-up iPhone software is the road Apple wanna take.

What do you think on the subject ?

with the right software (like ipod linux) you can play games or watch videos too.

i have a nano and it can play videos lol i m not sure about the "same" ipod games.

"and one more thing" of course it can play other games like half life or doom.

greetings

The iPod came out, then came the smaller Mini, then the even smaller NANO. After that came shuffle, then shuffle g2, and the next are simple.

The wide screen iPod (normal size) and possibly in nano but I can't see that taking.

The widescreen iPod "Touch" (normal size) but maybe fullscreen in nano. Still has legacy touch wheel and allows you to control the menus with your fingers. It's a touch screen.

Then, there will be the iPod Holo. It will be the next iPod shuffle. Small and tube-like as a toilet paper roller (the inside thing) and when the power button is pressed it will generate a holographic image of the scroll wheel. Which is activated by placing your finger through or on the holographic image to move it, and then the screen of the video or album art will apear on the top.

I really like the iPod Widescreen most, as it is more practical than the Holo! ;-)

Here's an idea! shall we start a thread of everyone's idea of an iphone and image!

Here's mine!

post-52882-1161979402_thumb.jpg

I also thinking like the front row menu with a phone in it!!

BaYlisS