Should I come back to this forum?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everybody!

Many of the old timers here might remember me ... I was in at the start of OSX86Project.org and was a global moderator for several years.   Sometime after Mash sold the site I was involved in a lot of 'real' work which meant travelling around the world and I couldn't check in very much;  rather disappointingly when I was back home again I discovered that I had been demoted to a regular user and then 'retired'.

Well, I had a lot of friends here and I guess I miss you guys.   I still spend a lot of time with OSX and doing rather unusual things with PCs (keep your thoughts clean, please) and I think that perhaps I still have something to offer the community.   Not sure I'll return to the heady days of checking every morning for new posts but I believe I can make a contribution.

But before I launch headlong into resuming my love affair with this site, I thought I'd canvass some opinion.   Does anyone out there actually remember me?   Would anyone be happy if I came back?   (Or unhappy...)   Would anyone really care or is it a big yawn all round?   Tell me, I'm a big girl (again, keep your thoughts clean) and I can take a hint...

Anyway, to all my friends - Hello again! - and to everyone else - Hi!

-Sarah

PS that avatar really is what I look like.   OK, I'm ten years older now, or is it eleven - but not much has changed!

PPS if you are an old friend, feel free to PM me.

• Like 4

I remember reading your posts when I first started reading the forum as a guest long time ago!

It's all up to you, we do not blame no one for being absent!

And help, is always welcome! 

post-221766-0-48772600-1458416068_thumb.png

• Like 1

To be a succesfull moderator, you need to be present. Beeing absent and posting a "i'm that hot girl in my profile pic" will not get you back in.

A lot has changed, and you will need to prove yourself.

Your friends should not have to remember you, you should have kept in touch.

That comming from a former MOD who did not do that.

Welcome back :) I think I remember some of your posts when I first joined up here. There is always room to rejoin the community. I went from Mod to retired when I had real life issues and when I returned became Mod again  :yes: I'm sure you'll have plenty to contribute.