AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

5,318 posts in this topic

@vit9696

-x or -s will also disable AppleALC.

In Clover or Chameleon, -x is Safe Mode. -s is Single Mode

Is that your point?

To All:

for those who wants to install it in /L/E  or /S/L/E, add the following in AppleALC plist to make sure it gets loaded BEFORE AppleHDA.

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>
  • Like 1

In Clover or Chameleon, -x is Safe Mode. -s is Single Mode

Is that your point?

Correct, Clover loads kexts regardless of OSBundleRequired presence, which was a little undesired.

We are sort of stable now, I think I can set OSBundleRequired in trunk.

UPD: done actually 

• Like 2

@legot28 test it!  Download KCPM Utility Pro. Install this file in /S/L/E. Repair your whole Volume and Rebuild System and kext caches! I don't know exactly if you need to add a Layout ID 3. You must try it with or without! If it not works add Layout ID 3 in your DSDT.

AppleALC v1.04 incl.Alc663

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

iDeepak, please make a KP log with keepsyms=1 in yourboot arguments. The current view is pretty much useless.

I did actually fix a KP yesterday evening, make sure you are on the latest rev :)

Lustral, I do not forbid making forks but I would rather people merge their changes with master soon after. Mostly because forks may get abandoned, may lack the latest changes, and are hard to track. Thank you.

• Like 1

iDeepak, please make a KP log with keepsyms=1 in yourboot arguments. The current view is pretty much useless.

I did actually fix a KP yesterday evening, make sure you are on the latest rev :)

Hello i redownloaded sources and compiled KP is removed now just i added my AppleHDA Files with Toleda 887( now it has 3 ALC887 Version) , now works perfect  thank you  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

@vit9696

I have ALC883 and trying to add it.

Wiki says:

CodecID — Codec identifier (lower 2 bytes of IOHDACodecVendorID);

If my current (working) codecid is 283904131, how can i be able to lower it by 2 bytes?

ioreg shows it as:

IOHDACodecVendorID   Number  0x10ec883

oh ok hahha. that was quick! Thanks :)

Update:

Tried to put in info.plist

<key>CodecID</key>
	<integer>0x883</integer>

but it has a RED mark in "x". im assuming its wrong

SOLVED: convert hex to dec

Edited by ellaosx

Great project...

What are these warnings?

Xcode 6.4 

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/i386/proc_reg.h:271:2: 'register' storage class specifier is deprecated

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/i386/proc_reg.h:283:2: 'register' storage class specifier is deprecated

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/security/mac_framework.h:77:2: "MAC policy is not KPI, see Technical Q&A QA1574, this header will be removed in next version"

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/security/mac_policy.h:83:2: "MAC policy is not KPI, see Technical Q&A QA1574, this header will be removed in next version"

Xcode 7.2

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/security/mac_framework.h:77:2: "MAC policy is not KPI, see Technical Q&A QA1574, this header will be removed in next version"

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/security/mac_policy.h:83:2: "MAC policy is not KPI, see Technical Q&A QA1574, this header will be removed in next version"

Any input?

to follow up

ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_start.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)

ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_stop.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)

would be safe to ignore then.

Thank You

since we are talking about xcode, i had a chance to test it in Lion and Mountain Lion, and gave me this log

3/21/16 5:21:22.000 PM kernel[0]: kxld[as.vit9696.AppleALC]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV8AppleALC' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
3/21/16 5:21:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Can't load kext as.vit9696.AppleALC - link failed.
3/21/16 5:21:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext as.vit9696.AppleALC.
3/21/16 5:21:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Kext as.vit9696.AppleALC failed to load (0xdc008016).
3/21/16 5:21:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Failed to load kext as.vit9696.AppleALC (error 0xdc008016). 

I thought this will work on previous OS's since its targeted as 10.7

Note: tried compiling my own and The precompiled binaries of vit9696 also resulted the same

That's quite pitiful :/

But I am afraid one needs to ask Apple why the heck their software produces invalid {censored}, and why the damned OS X SDK is terminally broken.

You could try building with an earlier Xcode, perhaps it works… Tell me if it does.

• Allan pinned this topic