Hi All,

I've got my Hack working beautifully with the following setup:

ASRock X99 Extreme4

i7-5820k

GTX 750Ti

Clover 2.3 r3333

OSX 10.11.3

NVidia web driver 346.03.05f01

It works *really* well.  Got audio (both HDMI/DP and ALC1150), got power states, got turbo, got USB, probably have other things working I've forgotten about.  But no sleep/wake.

To be specific, sleep appears to work.  It takes maybe 20 seconds but the real Mac right next to it takes almost as long.  Power consumption drops to ~3W at that point.

Wake is where it all goes wrong.  System will wake via keyboard or mouse click (and I think by power button).  However within a second, I hear a "click" that's generally associated with a full reset, and the system proceeds to reboot.  All of this happens in the dark -- nothing bothers to turn on the display until the OS has finished loading.

A very few times (and maybe none since swapping monitors from DVI to DP - unrelated to this) I've gotten some visible output before the reboot.  Sample attached here.

One more note; this same hardware handles sleep/wake flawlessly under Linux and Windows 10.

I've done tons of searching (and found a few similar issues but none on X99) and tried numerous Clover settings and some DSDT tweaks but without any luck.  It does seem like a DSDT issue but to be honest, that's just a hunch.

Any suggestions of what to try next would be most appreciated.  It's so close to "perfect" that I'm kind of obsessed with having sleep/wake working.

Oh, if anyone else is trying to make progress with an X99 Extreme4, I'm happy to share what's worked for me.  There don't seem to be a lot of folks trying to run OSX on this board.

Cheers,

Allen

post-1506448-0-64975900-1454041961_thumb.jpg

If your power management is working correctly, assuming you have your own power management SSDT, and that its being loaded, the only answer is that your USB ports are not well functioning, and are causing your problem. This problem you are experiencing is El Capitan specific.

You should make a port injector or apply one of the USB PWRD patches in your DSDT.  That will solve your sleep issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

ASRock X99 Extreme4

i7-5820k

GTX 750Ti

Clover 2.3 r3333

OSX 10.11.3

It works *really* well.  Got audio (both HDMI/DP and ALC1150), got power states, got turbo, got USB, probably have other things working I've forgotten about.  But no sleep/wake.

To be specific, sleep appears to work.  It takes maybe 20 seconds but the real Mac right next to it takes almost as long.  Power consumption drops to ~3W at that point.

Wake is where it all goes wrong.  System will wake via keyboard or mouse click (and I think by power button).  However within a second, I hear a "click" that's generally associated with a full reset, and the system proceeds to reboot.  All of this happens in the dark -- nothing bothers to turn on the display until the OS has finished loading.

A very few times (and maybe none since swapping monitors from DVI to DP - unrelated to this) I've gotten some visible output before the reboot.  Sample attached here.

One more note; this same hardware handles sleep/wake flawlessly under Linux and Windows 10.

I've done tons of searching (and found a few similar issues but none on X99) and tried numerous Clover settings and some DSDT tweaks but without any luck.  It does seem like a DSDT issue but to be honest, that's just a hunch.

Any suggestions of what to try next would be most appreciated.  It's so close to "perfect" that I'm kind of obsessed with having sleep/wake working.

Oh, if anyone else is trying to make progress with an X99 Extreme4, I'm happy to share what's worked for me.  There don't seem to be a lot of folks trying to run OSX on this board.

Cheers,

Allen

Dear Allan, 

I'm at a loss to get my asrock X99 Extreme 4/3.1 working on El Capitan. Many guides, all have failed.. 

Can you send a link with a zip to your EFI directory, so I can compare my settings to yours? 

My rig keeps on resetting when it's populating the PCI bus. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hi all(en), 

I've successfully made the board supported fully in 10.11 El Capitan. 

ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 can now be added to the list of working X99 boards :)

First off, check the BIOS photos and make sure you have the same settings going on for your board. 

Secondly, here's the full CLOVER folder with all kexts as used to make the magic happen. 

Replace yours and of course let me know how it works out for your board. 

Make sure the BIOS settings are all configured as I did, should give you a stable system with no issues. 

Sound is set to use the green out on the back of the motherboard, set in the voodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist. 

Lastly, use the command for the terminal to make sure the system doesn't go to deep sleep. It doesn't seem to want to come back from it. 

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Please let me know if you run into any problems here! :)

Good Luck and happy hackintoshing

Bios photos.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

ASRock X99 Extreme4

i7-5820k

GTX 750Ti

Clover 2.3 r3333

OSX 10.11.3

Cheers,

Allen

Have you tried to tick all (3) boxes under System Preferences | Energy Saver ?

• 5 months later...