Speedstep on El Capitan 10.11.2 (skylake)

SavageAUS

3 posts in this topic

Im having an issue with my system where my speedsteps are not being recognized, cpu in HWInfo only shows 4ghz or 900mhz.

I have generated my SSDT.aml with ssdtPRGen and placed it in EFI -> Clover -> ACPI -> Patched with no results. I have tried checking generate Pstates and Cstates in Clover (3330) to no avail. I have also tried dropoem with the generated SSDT and my system wont boot, just loads slowly then gets to black screen with circle with a line through it.. Specs in sig. Any other info can be provided. Any help would be appreciated.

post-1083558-0-39566200-1452728986_thumb.pngpost-1083558-0-03263300-1452728979_thumb.png

Similar problem here. I've tried a few different things to get different speedsteps:

Clover SSDT::Generate=YES yields 9, 13, 40, 41, 42.

Setting FCLK=1GHz in BIOS yields 10, 13, 40.

Using actual iMac 17,1 CPU SSDTs yields 9, 40, 42.

GdVWGCM.png

I am also having issues with speed stepping on skylake. I am not sure if yours and my problem are the same. My post is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309936-speed-step-not-working-after-sleep/

I don't think you can dropoem clover generated SSDT as there are other essential SSDTs that your system needs. My understanding is the clover will automatically incorporate your SSDT located in ACPI/patched. I think you can only drop 2 powermanagement related SSDT tables. please check my config.plist on which ones you can drop, as I am working on a windows machine right now. 

Hopefully some one will figure out skylake powermanagement as its not working fully so far.