EVGA SR2 Motherboard DSDT.aml i need help creating custom dsdt for my board

one9092002

26 posts in this topic

hello every one i need help creating dsdt.aml for my evga sr2 motherboard i am running dual  xeon 2.4 ghz and i want to start off by getting correct power  management for my xeons. 

thanks everyone 

here are my specs EVGA Classified SR-2 - DUAL LGA 1366 Intel 5520 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HPTX Motherboard (270-WS-W555-A2):Intel Xeon E5645 2.40 GHz

im uploading the dsdt.aml I'm using at the moment 

my original dsdt file contains native powermangment for xeon 2.4 ghz

i have uploaded dsdt.aml with bios a58 and sound working and along with evga sr2 modifications and no more voodoo kext

here is an update i got everything working sound wifi except I'm getting an error with p states 

another issue when the machine wake up from sleep the wifi works but if i boot the machine from the wifi don't work it pretty odd i don't know how to fix this if anyone want to contribute to the thread your more than welcome to do so

clover area

So, basically, what you need for this to work, is:

1. working sound (I'm using toleda's Clover patch script version e). That will pretty much do everything you need to get the sound working.

2. Codec Commander, with no changes whatsoever in the Info.plist (at least for my case)

3. Xcode 6.4. Doesn't seem to work with Xcode 7 beta (6). Or at least I couldn't get it to work. It would always display Build Failed.

4. Codec Commander kext to be installed (with proper permissions) in L/E or S/L/E/

5. (I'm assuming) SIP set to allow loading unsigned kexts. Mine is disabled anyway.

Make sure choose following option in Clover otherwise you will never get success on this error 

Install Clover in ESP
Boot Loader=>Install boot0af in MBR
Clover EFI->Clover EFI 64-bit SATA
Themes=>Select any
Once you done choosing following option then install it before restarting your System edit your config.plist as per your requirements then restart.

disable sip

So you're saying 0x38 for booterconfig and 0x80 for CsrActiveConfig for installation? Did I get this right? I'm not an expert, and I prefer to make double sure I understood something correctly before going any further.

To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly.

1. Install Clover

2. move the config.plist, kext, driver64UEFI folder with content, and moved your ACPI folder with a patched DSDT and or SSDT

3. config.plist has the edits to boot your system correctly 

The following is also needed to boot your El Capitan and allow the kext to load (newer versions of clover will load this my default but not the older ones)

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

so i manage to get mostly everything working and except for power management  no success i have maverick and yoesemite el capitan 

EVGA SR2 bios 58 DSDT and audio working .zip

current DSDT A50 .zip

sound.zip

detecting correct memory in el capitan clover config.zip

UNOFFICIAL_audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.5.command.zip

Secrets.prefPane.zip

MarvellAHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2015-1215.zip

MarvellAHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

Secrets.prefPane.zip

iMessageDebugv2.zip

Recovery Partition Creator 3.8.zip

Did you guys try that with El Capitan? I never had to use a DSDT on yosemite but in el capital memory detection is not correct. I had opened a thread on the forum, someone suggested adding memory slots but then I get KP. Someone else suggested recently to go to the bootmenu prior to loading clover which to be honest i didn't try because I gave up on El Capitan.

Thanks

great news i used the above method suggested by jl4c and i used the windows method and i think I'm getting native power management I'm booting with out nullpowermangement kext and no kernel panics

can someone help me edit my original dsdt file to get on board sound working and I'm trying to avoid voodoo kext 

Did you guys try that with El Capitan? I never had to use a DSDT on yosemite but in el capital memory detection is not correct. I had opened a thread on the forum, someone suggested adding memory slots but then I get KP. Someone else suggested recently to go to the bootmenu prior to loading clover which to be honest i didn't try because I gave up on El Capitan.

Thanks

right now I'm using old 9600 gt card which is supported by el captain so unfortuntly  i can't test 

Hey guys can i chime in and ask some questions? I can make a new thread otherwise.

Im curious about what installmethod you use and if you need any extra hardware (ethernetcard) to run OSX on the SR-2

Im currently going to try to install Yosemite.

Hey guys can i chime in and ask some questions? I can make a new thread otherwise.

Im curious about what installmethod you use and if you need any extra hardware (ethernetcard) to run OSX on the SR-2

Im currently going to try to install Yosemite.

yes you need to use pci card comptiable card which is supported by the os 

@critza 

Since you asked me about the build I figured to make it public so others can benefit.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I am doing!

I use the latest bios, no dsdt, onboard sound and nics don't work. On board sound can work with dsdt or drivers, i had it working once but i can't be bothered. I bought a $10 Vantec NBA-120U USB Audio Adapter

and my output is through there. I use the EXPI9301CT nic. You can use the IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext (I was using this for a long time but it stopped working on further clover updates) or flash your nic using the guide here under Ubuntu and don't worry about it.

The GFX is a GeForce GTX 760 2GB, I have web drivers installed.

The amount of RAM under Yosemite is detected correctly at 48GB but on the About This Tab->Memory it doesn't show the correct amount of slots occupied. On El Capitan half the RAM is detected at 24GB, and also wrong amount of slots detected. I tried to correct it by adding the memory slots in clover configurator but I get kernel panics.

This is the output from kext utility which gives you plenty of info.

ProductName  : Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.10.5 BuildVersion: 14F1021

Bootargs     : -v arch=x86_64 slide=0 dart=0 darkwake=10 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRoot=1 PCIRootUID=1 EthernetBuiltin=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes 
Kernel       : Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Tue Sep 1 21:23:09 PDT 2015
Model ID     : MacPro3,1 KernelMode: x86_64
CPU TYPE     : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5649 @ 2.53GHz
CPU ID       : Ox206C2 (132802) 
Cores        : 12 Cores, 24 Threads @ 2530MHz Bus: 133MHz FSB: 532MHz
Caches       : L1i:32Kb L1d:32Kb L2:256Kb L3:12288Kb
CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 POPCNT AES PCID SYSCALL XD 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI 
RAM          : 49152Mb HibernateMode: 0
SwapUsage    : total = 2048.00M  used = 471.25M  free = 1576.75M  (encrypted)

This is for Yosemite only:

The boot loader is clover installed in the ESP with boot0af. If remember correctly I had to copy the boot file manually. The hard drive is Samsung 840 Pro 1TB

Clover options:

Clover EFI 64-bits SATA.

I have the following drivers selected. Don't know if i should or not but here it goes:

Drivers32: ps2keyboarddxe-32,ps2mouseabsolutepointerdxe-32, ps2mousedxe-32,usbmousedxe-32 and xhcidxe-32
Drivers64: ps2mousedxe-64, usbmousedxe-64, nvmexpressdxe-64
Drivers64UEFI: EmuVariableUefi-64, OSXAptioFixDrv-64, PartitionDxe-64 (I don't know why I have these on since its not a uefi mob but i do. Might have carried over from my first mackintosh using the config file as a template)

Install RC scripts on target volume checked, optional rc scripts checked.

I have 3 kexts on EFI\Clover\kexts\10.10 FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI and NullCPUPowerManagement.

The system is pretty stable and fast. I plan to redo it now because I have this 400 Bad Response/Gateway error that I get on all drivers but I can't figure it out. It has never happened before. I was doing some network snooping before it has started happening but i don't think it is related. It could be.

I just did a benchmark test while having photoshop, parallels, xcode and a few browsers as well as various programs open with Geekbench I get 1949 single core, 21077 multi-core. In my opinion its a solid system.

I have rebuild it a few times, I just copy the EFI folder over pretty much. To create the installer use your preferred method and whatever works to get to the installer. Once I had to install with chimera and then install clover. I get to the installer fine with the arguments I listed. You might have to change graphicsenabler and/or nvda_drv depending on your setup.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything, I hope I am not giving bad advice or made any embarrassing mistakes but If I can help even one person it makes it all worth it.

@critza 

Since you asked me about the build I figured to make it public so others can benefit.

I use the latest bios, no dsdt, onboard sound and nics don't work. On board sound can work with dsdt or drivers, i had it working once but i can't be bothered. I bought a $10 Vantec NBA-120U USB Audio Adapter

and my output is through there. I use the EXPI9301CT nic. You can use the IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext (I was using this for a long time but it stopped working on further clover updates) or flash your nic using the guide here under Ubuntu and don't worry about it.

The amount of RAM under Yosemite is detected correctly at 48GB but on the About This Tab->Memory it doesn't show the correct amount of slots occupied. On El Capitan half the RAM is detected at 24GB, and also wrong amount of slots detected. I tried to correct it by adding the memory slots in clover configurator but I get kernel panics.

Bootargs     : -v arch=x86_64 slide=0 dart=0 darkwake=10 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRoot=1 PCIRootUID=1 EthernetBuiltin=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes 
CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 POPCNT AES PCID SYSCALL XD 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI 

The boot loader is clover installed in the ESP with boot0af. If remember correctly I had to copy the boot file manually. The hard drive is Samsung 840 Pro 1TB

Clover options:

Clover EFI 64-bits SATA.

I have the following drivers selected. Don't know if i should or not but here it goes:

Drivers32: ps2keyboarddxe-32,ps2mouseabsolutepointerdxe-32, ps2mousedxe-32,usbmousedxe-32 and xhcidxe-32
Drivers64UEFI: EmuVariableUefi-64, OSXAptioFixDrv-64, PartitionDxe-64 (I don't know why I have these on since its not a uefi mob but i do. Might have carried over from my first mackintosh using the config file as a template)

I have 3 kexts on EFI\Clover\kexts\10.10 FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI and NullCPUPowerManagement.

The system is pretty stable and fast. I plan to redo it now because I have this 400 Bad Response/Gateway error that I get on all drivers but I can't figure it out. It has never happened before. I was doing some network snooping before it has started happening but i don't think it is related. It could be.

I just did a benchmark test while having photoshop, parallels, xcode and a few browsers as well as various programs open with Geekbench I get 1949 single core, 21077 multi-core. In my opinion its a solid system.

I have rebuild it a few times, I just copy the EFI folder over pretty much. To create the installer use your preferred method and whatever works to get to the installer. Once I had to install with chimera and then install clover. I get to the installer fine with the arguments I listed. You might have to change graphicsenabler and/or nvda_drv depending on your setup.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything, I hope I am not giving bad advice or made any embarrassing mistakes but If I can help even one person it makes it all worth it.

I'm going to try clover with your instructions but I'm using chameleon at the moment

I'm going to try clover with your instructions but I'm using chameleon at the moment

im also going to try loading my current dsdt file 

@critza 

Clover options:

Clover EFI 64-bits SATA.

for sounds you need dsdt and patched kext file 

Ok so the onboard LAN on the SR-2 wont work with OSX ?

I ordered a PCI-E ethernetcard that i found compatible with OSX:

Intel Gigabit CT 9301CT

So which installmethod did you use? Can you point me to a thread or anything.

i didn't use a guide lol my guide is in my head 

@critza 

Clover options:

Clover EFI 64-bits SATA.

can you upload your clover boot loader files please so i can add them to the thread

• 3 months later...

finally got it and still I am failing to install OS X10.11

Hi Shaanky98,

did you got ur installation now?

I've ordered a Evga sr-2 with 2x x5680 and 6x8gb ecc ram.

I would like to instal el capitan on it... do you have any success right now?

My stuff will be delivered in 7/10 days.

Every help would be nice! :)

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry edin555, no luck on this one I am still stuck on 10.10.5

Hi Shaanky98,
did you got ur installation now?

I've ordered a Evga sr-2 with 2x x5680 and 6x8gb ecc ram.
I would like to instal el capitan on it... do you have any success right now?

My stuff will be delivered in 7/10 days.
Every help would be nice! :)

Thank you!

I endemyb

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

i managed to install El Capitan 10.11.5 with Mac Pro 6,1 SMBios. I got my NVIDIA GTX 980 running well via DP and with DP sound. Bluetooth is working OOB, but not Wi-Fi. I managed to edit Clovers memory, the 48GB are now visible.

I got 26.000 Geekbench in 32-Bit.

Got the dual Xeon X5680 config.

Sleep/restart/shutdown, working OOB, dont touched any DSDT or SSDT.

For what is the Codec Commander? do i need it?

Here i need help:

Sound:

How did you managed to install the sound? which kext and which options ins clover? i downloaded the drivers from post 1, but i just get a KP, maybe i just done it wrong :-(

SATA III:

Does an kext exist to get the SATA 3 running?

USB 3:

Cant get it running. Any ideas?

WIFI/BT:

Do you have a recommend WIFI/BT Card that is working OOB? i got a BMC94360, but the PCI card is not shown up, just the Bluetooth-part that is connected via USB2 intern, the Wifi is even not in Windows 10 and not in El Captian visible, so i think its broken or do i have to enable in the bios anything? 

Thank you guys!

Sorry edin555, no luck on this one I am still stuck on 10.10.5

I endemyb

hello every one i need help creating dsdt.aml for my evga sr2 motherboard i am running dual  xeon 2.4 ghz and i want to start off by getting correct power  management for my xeons. 

thanks everyone 

here are my specs EVGA Classified SR-2 - DUAL LGA 1366 Intel 5520 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HPTX Motherboard (270-WS-W555-A2):Intel Xeon E5645 2.40 GHz

im uploading the dsdt.aml I'm using at the moment 

my original dsdt file contains native powermangment for xeon 2.4 ghz

i have uploaded dsdt.aml with bios a58 and sound working and along with evga sr2 modifications and no more voodoo kext

here is an update i got everything working sound wifi except I'm getting an error with p states 

another issue when the machine wake up from sleep the wifi works but if i boot the machine from the wifi don't work it pretty odd i don't know how to fix this if anyone want to contribute to the thread your more than welcome to do so

clover area

So, basically, what you need for this to work, is:

1. working sound (I'm using toleda's Clover patch script version e). That will pretty much do everything you need to get the sound working.

2. Codec Commander, with no changes whatsoever in the Info.plist (at least for my case)

3. Xcode 6.4. Doesn't seem to work with Xcode 7 beta (6). Or at least I couldn't get it to work. It would always display Build Failed.

4. Codec Commander kext to be installed (with proper permissions) in L/E or S/L/E/

5. (I'm assuming) SIP set to allow loading unsigned kexts. Mine is disabled anyway.

Make sure choose following option in Clover otherwise you will never get success on this error 

Install Clover in ESP
Boot Loader=>Install boot0af in MBR
Clover EFI->Clover EFI 64-bit SATA
Themes=>Select any
Once you done choosing following option then install it before restarting your System edit your config.plist as per your requirements then restart.

disable sip

So you're saying 0x38 for booterconfig and 0x80 for CsrActiveConfig for installation? Did I get this right? I'm not an expert, and I prefer to make double sure I understood something correctly before going any further.

To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly.

1. Install Clover

2. move the config.plist, kext, driver64UEFI folder with content, and moved your ACPI folder with a patched DSDT and or SSDT

3. config.plist has the edits to boot your system correctly 

The following is also needed to boot your El Capitan and allow the kext to load (newer versions of clover will load this my default but not the older ones)

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

so i manage to get mostly everything working and except for power management  no success i have maverick and yoesemite el capitan 

Hello one, i just got my el capitan running well...

but how did you managed to install the sound?

Maybe you can answer some questions above, that would be awesome.

Is ist possible to add you on skype, for some questions? :-)

Thank you!

Edin

• 1 month later...