[Guide] El Capitan 10.11 + Windows 10 (Full GPT) on HP Pavilion DV6-3103SL

jack-69

7 posts in this topic

c03032095.png

DISM is your friend!

Part 1: (For all the computers that don't have UEFI)

Prepare two USB keys, one with El Capitan & one with Windows 10.
First put the Windows USB, during the installation (when it asked the Windows code) press shift + f10 and will open the command prompt:

diskpart
list disk                                       (list of your hdd)
select disk 0                                   (0 is number of your hdd)
clean                                           (ATTENTION clean all your hard disk selected)
convert gpt
create partition efi size=200                   (creates EFI partition)
format fs=fat32 label=EFI  

We made a EFI partition.

In my Hdd I have 3 partitions ( 1 for Mac, 1 for Windows=Ntfs & 1 in exFat for sharing files between the two systems).

create partition primary size=100000            (1 partition for Mac OS X 100GB)
format fs=fat32 quick label=Mac                 (after we will format in HFS+ with disk utility)
create partition msr size=128                   (creates Microsoft Reserved)
create partition primary size=100000            (1 partition for Windows 10 100GB)
format fs=ntfs quick label=Windows              (format in Ntfs)
create partition primary                        (creates a partition with the remaining space)
format fs=exfat quick label=Hdd                 (format in exFat) 

Now the fun part.

We should insert the letters for the partitions. Check

select disk 0
list volume                           (check the assigned letters, REMINDS the letter assigned to the USB "example d")
list partition                        (check the number of partition EFI "example partition 1")
select partition 1
assign letter=h      
list partition                        (check the number of partition Windows "example partition 3")  
select partition 3
assign letter=g
exit

Then we have the letter "D:\" for the USB, "H:\" for the EFI partition & "G:\" for the Windows partition.

Now we need to copy the installation files from the USB to the Windows partition.

cd\windows\system32\
dism /apply-image /imagefile:d:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:g:\

Break....

Now we need the Windows EFI boot files.

cd\
g:
bcdboot                                       (check the command line)
bcdboot g:\windows /1 en-us /s h: /f UEFI     (in my case "/1 It-it")

Restart the computer with the Mac USB "Clover bootloader", then select Microsoft EFI and start the installation of Windows 10 in FULL GPT

If you don't see the exFat partition in Windows don't worry.

(Take a program like Partition Wizard, format the partition in NTFS  and assigns the letter D:\. Now open the command prompt administrator and write:

diskpart
select disk 0
list partition                                (check the partition before-exFat = after-NTFS "example partition 4")
select partition 4
format  fs=exfat quick label=Hdd

Now you must have the partition exfat visible and writable)

Part 2:

Important!  

Don't format or delete the EFI partition.   

From the Mac USB we need delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. 

Now we go in to the installation of El Capitan, with disk utility format the partition "Mac" in HFS+ mac journaled, then install Mac OS X.

While starting El Capitan from your hard drive, we must block AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. (& add cpus=1 or patch with clover)

When El Capitan is started:

• Patch AICPM with Clover Configurator
  • Install Clover like this  (of course without installation El Capitan) "Legacy mode"
  • Replace the config.plist in EFI partition and add SMBIOS with clover configurator - macbook pro 6.1
  • Put the DSDT
  • Put HFSPlus.efi, NTFS.efi in drivers64 folder
  • Insert and replace all kext

PS:During the first system start we must go in the system preferences, keyboard, shortcuts and change the key combination of brightness (f2- f3+).

Work:  

Intel Core i5 460M

Intel HD Graphics                                      (Clean graphics without artifacts)

Wifi & Ethernet                                          (Atheros AR9285 & Realtek 8111)

Stereo speakers & Microphone                    (IDT92HD81B1X5)

Keyboard & multi-touch touchpad

Memory Card Reader

Camera

All USB

Battery

Sleep & Wake

Brightness Values

App Store

Don't work: 

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470                      (Blocked by BIOS)

FaceTime                                                   (With Rom,SN,MLB valid work)

iMessage                                                   (With Rom,SN,MLB valid work)

Maps            

Thanks : GhostRider - pokenguyen - Mirone & Micky1979 - RehabMan

HP El Cpitan.zip

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/28/2018 at 1:40 PM, jack-69 said:

I used the Rehabman's patches and these specific kext.

Hi, @jack-69,

I wonder if you have upgraded this computer to Sierra or High Sierra? Can you tell me if you are using the default BIOS or you have installed a modded one? Maybe better, what BIOS version are you using?

Next tuesday I will buy a computer like yours, and I need to know how you do this: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470                      (Blocked by BIOS).

The default bios let you doing this?

Thank you very much.

Edited by skyfly555