HP Pavilion p6130a SUCCESS!

themacmeister

1 post in this topic

I wasn't expecting this to be a success. Windows AND Linux both showed only 2GB available RAM (even with 2x2GB DDR2 800 sticks installed).

Running Pentium Dual-Core E5200 +512MB GeForce 8500 GT + 500GB SATA HDD and SATA DVD-RW

Only USB 1.1 ports on rear. 2.0 ports on front of case.

Needs AICPM patch and AppleRTC patched.

Updated FileNVRam kext + module required (so stuck with Chimera - no dark boot screen) :-(

Installed to GUID partition, keep booting from USB stick until Chimera installed.

All 4GB showing and usable. SATA chipset shows up blank in About This Mac.

Computer goes to sleep well and quickly, but suffering black screen on WAKE :-(

Apart from that, it seems to be running 100%. Sound working with patched Mirone AppleHDA + HDAEnabler5 kexts. Network running at full 100BaseT thanks to Mieze 8100.kext (has 8101e).

GeForce 8500 GT runs perfectly OOTB. No injection needed.

This was an interesting build. Do not know if I will keep it, as the fan on the 8500 GT is on the way out, and very noisy.

It came with a healthy 430W Thermaltake power supply...

Anyways, if you need any help with this machine in the near future, reply or drop me a message.

I installed the NEC USB2.0 4-port PCI card which I purchased for real Mac (OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3). I thought it would work OOTB, but it doesn't work at all. Shame really, as I wanted some USB 2.0 ports on the rear of the case.