El Capitan with ralink USB device?

Saretta

9 posts in this topic

Hi all!

This is my first post ever on the forum, my usb device issue led me to this great forum, as I am new to mac.

after reading the infamous post about the solution of the usb, I got it to work on my pro. now I am asking if I upgrade to el capitan, would it stop working?

Hi all!

This is my first post ever on the forum, my usb device issue led me to this great forum, as I am new to mac.

after reading the infamous post about the solution of the usb, I got it to work on my pro. now I am asking if I upgrade to el capitan, would it stop working?

I already made a thread about it back in the beta testing phase and I think nothing changed for the final release.  It won't stop working, but it will break your sleep if you don't click on the "turn off" button on the RALINK app before entering sleep.

The Mediatek/realtek dongle works on el capitan without breaking sleep, but causes KP if you forcefully remove it. I would suggest you keep looking on bear extender websites, since they'll probably be the first to release new drivers for el capitan.

http://store.bearextender.com/pages/regarding-yosemite-compatiblity

• Like 1

I already made a thread about it back in the beta testing phase and I think nothing changed for the final release.  It won't stop working, but it will break your sleep if you don't click on the "turn off" button on the RALINK app before entering sleep.

The Mediatek/realtek dongle works on el capitan without breaking sleep, but causes KP if you forcefully remove it. I would suggest you keep looking on bear extender websites, since they'll probably be the first to release new drivers for el capitan.

http://store.bearextender.com/pages/regarding-yosemite-compatiblity

I hardly understood a thing of what u said, i do not have a ralink application on my mac, I got my ralink to work using a thread on this forum. but never got a ralink app so my usb works by itself. but as there is no version for el capitan , i think I should wait a bit.

I hardly understood a thing of what u said, i do not have a ralink application on my mac, I got my ralink to work using a thread on this forum. but never got a ralink app so my usb works by itself. but as there is no version for el capitan , i think I should wait a bit.

yeah, its called wireless network utility (not Ralink application like I've said).

try here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306800-wifi-usb-adapter-issues/ :)

You can download the latest drivers from

or from

• Like 1

yeah, its called wireless network utility (not Ralink application like I've said).

try here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306800-wifi-usb-adapter-issues/ :)

You can download the latest drivers from

or from

thanks for ur reply! i  see u were confused urself , have u got back to yosemite, or u still on el capitan?

• Like 1

thanks for ur reply! i  see u were confused urself , have u got back to yosemite, or u still on el capitan?

I've actually started using El Capitan full time since Adobe posted a photoshop fix on their sites (few days ago). I have both, the Ralink and the Mediatek wifi dongles, and the Mediatek (RT2870) works and doesn't break sleep.

• Like 1

I've actually started using El Capitan full time since Adobe posted a photoshop fix on their sites (few days ago). I have both, the Ralink and the Mediatek wifi dongles, and the Mediatek (RT2870) works and doesn't break sleep.

I do not understand what you mean by "break sleep". and when I used my dongle, I only used it when I read a thread here. like fixing things and did some sudo things. do you understand what I mean?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...