Kernel Panic on Using RealtekRTL8111 kext

singh_dd93

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot devs for making hackintosh possible on AMD.

I just updated to 10.10.5 from 10.10.3 and I get Kernel Panic until I remove the RealtekRTL8111.kext from S/L/E

My Config:

FX 8120

GA 970A DS3 (Non UEFI)

24GB DDR3

320GB HDD

I am using Chameleon as bootloader.

Everything was working fine in 10.10.3 I updated and used the kernel and other files in Zip in AMD Development Section. Everything else is working fine. It boots all fine If I remove the kext and clear the cache. I have tried both v 1.2.3 and 2.0

It doesnt boot into Safe Mode with the kext.

Kindly Help finding a solution. I mainly use this for iOS development. I have a Mac book Air but its too small for long time work.

post-1261854-0-51904300-1443138589_thumb.jpg

post-1261854-0-51904300-1443138589_thumb.jpg

use these newer drivers from Mieze and rehabman for your LAN: Realtek RTL8168 / 8111

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

I am already using those kexts. 

I have found one more thing.

If I load the kext using Kext Wizard after login, ethernet works fine. This is using the same kext which causes the above error

Edit: The above process also causes a shutdown/reboot problem. The screen goes off but the Fan etc keep running. i.e. PC doesnt shutdown completely.

Do you use a custom DSDT?

I will contact you back this afternoon, when I come home from work, then we can try to resolve the issue.

install the contents of the folder in the appendix in your /Extra/Extensions/ repair the permissions and renew the kernel cache with Kext Wizzard. then use the AMD.DMG of rampagedev, there should be included files for your board. if should not be the case, then Install maciasl or dsdt editor and export a raw dsdt and upload it here

Edit:

If you have any questions, ask your questions here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-128

extra_Extensions.zip

create an USB installer using by Disk Utility, install Enoch bootloader (current version), then use the contents, see package, what I have uploaded in to --> Extra/Extensions/ ... then Download my latest AMD kernel, see above under download, install the kernel in your USB Installer to  /S/L/kernel/

Then prepare the BIOS Settings for OS X, then boot from USB Installer and install yosemite....then install the AMD kernel in your partition to /S/L/kernels/  .... that's it!

Edit:

in the package (see my Post #7) is a Chipset Driver, so should your system run better

Edit 2:

these Problematic drivers should remove from USB Installer and later from your finished installed Yosemite partiton from S/L/Extensions/  "AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext"

as boot flags you can test with: -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=no  GraphicsEnabler=NO nvda_drv=1

..... and do not use so called super-tony-tools that promise much and cause only problems in the long term. make every possible installation manually !

• Like 1