El Capitan wih i7 6700 SkyLake + Gigabyte GA Z170-HD3 + Palit Jetstream GTX960

37 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

My Computer specification :
1. Processor Intel Core i7 6700
2. RAM : Team Xtreem Dark 2x4GB DDR4 
3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX 960 4GB DDR5
4. Clover 3270

i used bootflag "-v dart=0 nv_disable=1" and at  tick kernel cpu support, tick generate c-states and p-states with result as image that i uploaded, oh i almost forget that i used MacPro 6.1 SMBios

Any help? :)

Edit:
I success install but there are some bugs.. see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308576-success-el-capitan-build-15b30a-on-skylake-i7-6700-with-some-bugs/

post-1311960-0-57650700-1443093042_thumb.jpg

Thanks Pike,, i can solve acpi error with tick off "Fix Airport" or set at config.plist "FixAirport=False"

I have new problem after that, New Kernel Panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I use iMac 14.2 and Mac Pro 6.1 SMBios and still same error.

FYI, i still need to set "KernelCPU Support" or it will hang on first Clover Loading with mark ++++++++++++++++++++

And i use NullCPUPowerManagement and same error too.

Oh, i almost forgot. It looks clover has wrong sensor about i7 6700. Clover show me 1 Core 16 Thread for this processor, it should be 4 Cores 8 Threads :D

P_20150929_025239_p.jpg

P_20150929_031209_1_p.jpg

Thanks for the respons :)

• Like 1

Just remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Be certain to not to be using XCPM also (google it). You're very close to be the first one to have a documented (that is, posting pics and detailed the process) successful OSX86 installation on Skylake: don't give up just because nobody seems to have the answers for you. Good luck!

Just remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Be certain to not to be using XCPM also (google it). You're very close to be the first one to have a documented (that is, posting pics and detailed the process) successful OSX86 installation on Skylake: don't give up just because nobody seems to have the answers for you. Good luck!

Thank for support :)

By the way, i still need to tick "Kernel CPU Support" on CPU Section on Clover if not then it will stuck at end mark +++++++++ at first log Clover

I think Kernel still the problem,, Kernel CPU Support mean that i used other CPU Type, and this will make "AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement to be triggered and make Kernel Panic.

Sorry for my bad english

Clover 3280 for SkyLake Processor i7 6700 :)

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/177/

Credit to Slice screenshot0.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed! There's no support in the kernel for Skylake CPUs, and a custom kernel would only be possible after Apple releases the XNU sources for 10.11. But did you try to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to see if it goes further? I bet it would: worth a try.

Good luck!

PS.: but before remove AICPM.kext, untick everything related to PM in the clover menu, since it will trigger AICPM and generate KP. Perhaps that will be enough. If not, there's no other way, you'll have to remove the offending kext and do without speedstep for now.

Indeed! There's no support in the kernel for Skylake CPUs, and a custom kernel would only be possible after Apple releases the XNU sources for 10.11. But did you try to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to see if it goes further? I bet it would: worth a try.

Good luck!

PS.: but before remove AICPM.kext, untick everything related to PM in the clover menu, since it will trigger AICPM and generate KP. Perhaps that will be enough. If not, there's no other way, you'll have to remove the offending kext and do without speedstep for now.

FYI,, i make USB Installer with CreateInstallMedia Method. I think, it will be difficult to remove that kext. I need to make USB Installer with Restore Method. Am i Right?? Maybe you can give me another way to delete this kext?

FYI,, i make USB Installer with CreateInstallMedia Method. I think, it will be difficult to remove that kext. I need to make USB Installer with Restore Method. Am i Right?? Maybe you can give me another way to delete this kext?

No need to remove the kext. You need to add/set "plugin-type" to 1 so that intel_cpupm_matching is set to 3 instead of 0 (which loads the wrong kext).

See also https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/xnu-cpu-power-management/

• Like 1

No need to remove the kext. You need to add/set "plugin-type" to 1 so that intel_cpupm_matching is set to 3 instead of 0 (which loads the wrong kext).

See also https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/xnu-cpu-power-management/

Thanks Pike,, but before i use your method i want to share some information.

I used fakeCPUID 0x0306C3 (i7 4790k) and untick Kernel CPU Support, and i still need to tick "Kernel PM" at Clover.

Then i get new log and Hang.

You can see this :)

P_20151006_034103.jpg

P_20151006_033958.jpg

At DSDT Fix Mask, i tick Fix HPET, Add DTGP, Del Unused, New Way.

I will try your step soon, i am sleepy right now :(

Need AsusAICPUPM=true i guess

AsusAICPUPM is only needed by IvyBridge and Sandy Bridge i guess. I tick it and it still KP at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, did you try booting in safe mode?

P.S.: don't forget you GPU needs alternate drivers you must download from the web to boot OSX.

of Course,, before i change my motherboard, ram and procesor. My Computer is Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3, i5 4440 and GTX960. I know, i need alternative nvidia web driver for El Capitan. I Get it from Fantomas's thread at this forum.

I boot without cache, many combination DSDT Fix Mask and it's still like that. Maybe i need more patient until Apple make Macbook or iMac with SkyLake processor :D

Off topic, I think I'll wait for Intel's "tick", or at least a CPU refresh like the one for Haswell parts: for what I read until now, the performance increase from my Haswell 4970K, CPU-wise, is not significant, even with DDR4. Power consumption changed for worse, instead.

Off topic, I think I'll wait for Intel's "tick", or at least a CPU refresh like the one for Haswell parts: for what I read until now, the performance increase from my Haswell 4970K, CPU-wise, is not significant, even with DDR4. Power consumption changed for worse, instead.

I think you mean i7 4790K not 4970k :D

Oh,, i try boot from my old Hackintosh system 10.11.1 Beta and it boot, but "waiting for root device"

I try fix Sata, Drop Sata Table (SSDT), Drop OEM SSDT, Fix Sata and FakeID Sata or combination of all of that tricks and it still stuck.

I think future build of 10.11.1 support for SkyLake version :D and Sata Controller or anything about Sata is the problem right now.

I hope

12143138_885910911477103_510569893027504

might have to do with skylake drop of ehci controller,I guess you might know of windows 7 trouble installs via usb can google it.Maybe check for some legacy or emulation mode.(Mostly might affect usb, but might be worth investigating)

Oh,, i try boot from my old Hackintosh system 10.11.1 Beta and it boot, but "waiting for root device"

I try fix Sata, Drop Sata Table (SSDT), Drop OEM SSDT, Fix Sata and FakeID Sata or combination of all of that tricks and it still stuck.

I think future build of 10.11.1 support for SkyLake version :D and Sata Controller or anything about Sata is the problem right now.

I hope

12143138_885910911477103_510569893027504

It's El Capitan new USB paradigm rearing its ugly head, Andres. Ironically, it's a good sign: it means it's not because of Skylake anymore, but because of an issue fairly documented and rather easy to be solved. Check for a solution in the Installation forum. You're very close, Andres! Good luck!

Congratulations! You seem to be the very first one to have a proven install on Skylake hardware. Did you come up with this method yourself, or was it suggested by someone else?

i get a clue from Pjalm's comment. He said can boot with external sata card.

So with my basic experience,, i try to make another way and experiment by myself