Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H & OS X 10.11 El Capitan

stuppy_

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I thought I would create a topic for those who are using the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard and efforts to get El Capitan working.

Though I have not spent much time experimenting, I have managed to get the OS installed successfully and for the most part it seems to work ok. 

The biggest issue that I have encountered so far is Sleep.  Putting the system to sleep, it wakes up a few seconds later.  It also seems that my USB mouse wakes the machine which didn't happen on Yosemite.  Using pmset assertions in terminal it seems the new USB mechanism is probably the issue. 

I tried darkwake in various states; =no =0 =8 =10 etc. 

Any advice?  And please share any experiences that might help us other Z77X-UD5H owners.

Thanks

Hi,

Wake reasons are either XHC1 or EHC1.  When I move the mouse, it is either one of those 2 wake reasons.  I would have thought that it would be the same each time I move the mouse, yet it can be either XHC1 or EHC1.

I have tried using your scripts TheRacerMaster - and I have sent you a couple of messages about how I cannot get it working; assuming of course your scripts/patches result in a perfect working sleep?

I am trying to get sleep/wake as it is on Yosemite --- the only way to wake the computer is by the power button.  I do not want to be able to wake from keyboard/mouse/any USB devices.

Many thanks.

PS. I am using F16 mod11 BIOS.

I used to have sleep issues when using a previous BIOS (it was one of the newer modded BIOSes from TT but I don't remember which). Now I have installed the Ozmosis BIOS from this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303451-ga-z77x-ud5h-ozmosis-guide/. Ozmosis is not working for El Cap, so I just use it to boot Clover. The benefit of using this BIOS is proper sleep/wake support and native NVRAM support. All is working except USB being detected as 2.0, but I have no need for 3.0 so I haven't attempted a fix.

Using the following config in Clover for minimal SIP disabling:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x11</string>
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: enabled
	Debugging Restrictions: enabled
	DTrace Restrictions: enabled
	NVRAM Protections: enabled
Keep in mind that I am running a sandy bridge CPU on this board with iMac12,2 as system definition, so YMMV.

which version of Oz are you using? I have not had any issue running El Cap with Oz, as far back as 894m, as long as I remember to put kexts in /S/L/E and add csr-active-config=%(Hex value here) to nvram.

HBP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I thought I would create a topic for those who are using the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard and efforts to get El Capitan working.

Though I have not spent much time experimenting, I have managed to get the OS installed successfully and for the most part it seems to work ok. 

The biggest issue that I have encountered so far is Sleep.  Putting the system to sleep, it wakes up a few seconds later.  It also seems that my USB mouse wakes the machine which didn't happen on Yosemite.  Using pmset assertions in terminal it seems the new USB mechanism is probably the issue. 

I tried darkwake in various states; =no =0 =8 =10 etc. 

Any advice?  And please share any experiences that might help us other Z77X-UD5H owners.

Thanks

I can't seem to get the installer to boot. Is something new needed with El Capitan? I've been using the same config for 3 versions now and have updated directly from the app store, but now I want to do a fresh install. My current config with Yosemite won't boot the installer usb. Can you share a config that will boot the installer?

Is there anyone else here that might have some ideas of why USB devices are causing my system to wake up?

Under Yosemite and older, once the system was asleep, the only way to wake it was with the power button, which is what I want.  Under El Capitan, once the system enters sleep, it can instantly be woken by a USB devices; including moving the mouse, pressing a key on the keyboard, plugging/unplugging a USB device and turn my monitor on or off (the monitor's USB hub is connected to the computer). 

In the console, each 'wake reason' is always from EH01, EH02 or XH01.

I have been using https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patchfor installing clover and drivers. The author (TheRacerMaster) has been helping me in PM but he has not been able to find a way to stop the computer waking without the power button being pressed. 

Things I have already tried:

• Various boot flags; -xcpm on/off, darkwake off and 1-10
  • Removing nVidia graphics card and Nvidia software.
  • Using no USB hubs, just plugging a keyboard and mouse directly into the back panel ports.
  • TheRacerMaster gave me a 'disable USB wake' DSDT patch for config.plist which doesn't seem to have help unfortunately. 
  • TheRacerMaster's scripts generate SSDT files based on the motherboard but have tried a couple of others, no different. 
  • Tried changing BIOS settings relating to USB.

I am banging my head against a brick wall.  Desperate for a solution.

Any help appreciate.