How to fix ASMedia USB 3.0 on El Capitan ?

longhui

79 posts in this topic

Excuse me for my ignorance... but about the injection I have a problem, it's impossible for me to find in my dsdt the "way" /DSDT/_BS/PCI0/XHC1/RHUB/PTR3 like pokenguyen said.

Here a screen shot of where i am blocked, I use MaciASL and i can't go more far that /DSDT/_BS/PCI0/

I see that there is another /_SB in the dsdt but they have not the "folder" PCI0, this one in the screen shot is the only one.

My Smbios for information is iMac 14,2.

I go modify my informations profile.

post-1368912-0-15715600-1453625648_thumb.png

Excuse me for my ignorance... but about the injection I have a problem, it's impossible for me to find in my dsdt the "way" /DSDT/_BS/PCI0/XHC1/RHUB/PTR3 like pokenguyen said.

Here a screen shot of where i am blocked, I use MaciASL and i can't go more far that /DSDT/_BS/PCI0/

I see that there is another /_SB in the dsdt but they have not the "folder" PCI0, this one in the screen shot is the only one.

My Smbios for information is iMac 14,2.

I go modify my informations profile.

Use "find" function from MacIasl Menu, search device "XHC"

Schermata 2016-01-24 alle 10.44.13.png

Strange why did we need to find on a different "way" for XHC ?

I have modified this morning my signature, my motherboard is an msi z97a gaming 9 ack.

edit : my dsdt is not broken ?

Your DSDT seems to be OK, how did you extract?

Post a IOREG

with clover by pressing F4 in the bootloader.

Edit : here a screen of what found about xhc, always speak about 14, that means that i have 14 usb 3.0 ports ?

I know that on my motherboard i have 2 USB 3.1 ports, 6 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports.

on my case i have 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports.

That make a total of 14 ports usb.

iMac de Simon.zip

I don't know if ASM1074 works, i've patched DSDT for Intel USB3 and USB2, test if the Intel USB ports works fine

First DSDT  have the USB3 named XHC, the other have USB3 renamed XHC1.

If the ASM1074 don't works for you, try new release of GenericUSBXHCI

Archivio.zip

Ok so i try the two dsdt with the lasted version of GenericUSBXHCI kext in /extensions and nothing. I forgot to say that with GenericUSBXHCI my usb 3.0 does not mount, and when the kext is not installed, they can mount.

And i go in specs its always 480 mb/s with ou without the kext and the dsdt.

From MSI mobo specs:

CPU

• Supporta processori di 4 e 5 Generazione Intel® Core™, Intel® Pentium® e Celeron® su Socket LGA1150
Per informazioni dettagliate fare riferimento alla lista delle CPU compatibili.

Chipset

• Intel® Z97 Express

Memorie Principali

• Supporta quattro DDR3 1066/1333/1600/1866*/2000*/2133*/2200*/2400*/2600*/2666*/2800*/3000*/3100*/3200*/3300*(*OC) MHz DRAM, 32GB Max
- Architettura di memoria Dual channel
- Supporta Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supporta memorie non-ECC, un-buffered

Slot

• 3 Slot PCIe 3.0 x16, (supporta modalità x16, x8/x8, x8/x4/x4)
• 3 Slot PCIe 2.0 x1

Grafica Integrata

• 1 Porta HDMI, supporta risoluzione massima di 4096x2160@24Hz/ 2560x1600@60 Hz
• 1 DisplayPort, supporta risoluzione massima di 4096x2304@24Hz/ 2560x1600@60Hz/ 3840x2160@60Hz/1920x1200@60Hz

Supporto Multi-GPU

• Supporta la tecnologia* 3-Way AMD® CrossFire
• Supporta la tecnologia 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI
* Supporta Windows 7 e Windows 8/ 8.1.

On-Board SATA

• Chipset Intel Z97 Express
- 6 Porte SATA 6Gb/s (SATA1~6)
- 1 Porta* M.2
- La porta M.2 supporta moduli M.2 SATA 6Gb/s
- La porta M.2 supporta moduli M.2 PCIe con velocità** fino a 10Gb/s
- La porta M.2 supporta moduli con lughezza di 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm
- Supporta RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 e RAID 10***
- Supporta le tecnologie Intel® Smart Response, Intel® Rapid Start e Intel® Smart Connect ****

• Chipset A SMedia ASM1061
- 2 Porte SATA 6Gb/s (SATA7~8)

* Le porte SATA5 e SATA6 non saranno disponibili quando si installa un modulo nella porta M.2
** Intel RST non supporta PCIe M.2 SSD con Legacy ROM.
*** L'interfaccia M.2 PCIe non supporta il RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 e RAID 10.
**** Supporta processori Intel Core con Windows 7 e Windows 8/ 8.1

USB

• Chipset Intel Z97 Express

- 4 Porte USB 3.0 disponibili attraverso i connettori USB interni
- 6 Porte USB 2.0 (2 porte nel pannello posteriore, 4 porte disponibili attraverso i connettori* USB interni)

• Chipset ASMedia ASM1074
- 6 Porte USB 3.0 nel pannello posteriore

• Chipset ASMedia ASM1142
- 2 Porte USB 3.1 nel pannello posteriore
* Il connettore JUSB1 interno supporta MSI Super Charger.

For remount USB try from terminal: sudo nvram -c

Reboot

• 2 months later...

You don't really need the DSDT edits. It's quicker and easier to just edit the info.plist and remove the device ID match. Have a look here.

This method worked for me. Not sure i am getting full speed though. Testing a USB thumbdrive with Blackmagic I get approx 30Mb/s R/W no matter if I use the drive in the USB 3 port or USB 2. But at least I can use the USB 3 ports.

GenericUSBXHCI did not work for me. It was very, very flaky.

I use to use a very elegant solution under Yosemite that only involved injecting a few lines in my Clover "Kext to Patch" so I was able to use native driver. I really wish I could do this again.

And yes, I do not see it in System Profiler like I use to under Yosemite.

• 3 months later...

If I get the Inateck KT4006 for my P55A-UD4P, would El Capitan recognize and work with my Anker 7-port USB 3.0 hub? Because when I was using the hub with Mavericks, System Profiler would say it was using VIA labs (using the GenericUSBXHCI kext); and mounting , reading and writing drives were extremely slow, slower than USB 2! Would getting the Inateck solve these issues ? And would I also able to use the Anker hub without speed and mounting issues, if I get the Inateck?

• 4 months later...

Hey, just necroposting this to report that ASM1042a is apparently natively supported now. I'm on a real MBP using a nanotech ExpressCard with ASMEDIA chipset, running 10.11.6, and was VERY surprised to discover it's still working after removing GenericUSBXHCI. And of course, it shows under System information and all, because it's now being driven by AppleUSBXHCIPCI.

• 1 month later...

Hey, just necroposting this to report that ASM1042a is apparently natively supported now. I'm on a real MBP using a nanotech ExpressCard with ASMEDIA chipset, running 10.11.6, and was VERY surprised to discover it's still working after removing GenericUSBXHCI. And of course, it shows under System information and all, because it's now being driven by AppleUSBXHCIPCI.

I have a 1042a controller on my motherboard and the ports don't really work, one in a blue moon the system will boot up showing something attached to one of these ports but I'm a bit of a noob and no idea how to try to fix. 

I have a 1042a controller on my motherboard and the ports don't really work, one in a blue moon the system will boot up showing something attached to one of these ports but I'm a bit of a noob and no idea how to try to fix. 

Is your device ID 1B21:1142? that's the exact identifier of my working chip.

Are you using 10.11.6 or better (I assume it also works in Sierra, though I haven't really tried it)?

If both of those are "yes", then maybe you just need to add the ports to your DSDT. In my case, they are under EXCD since it's an expresscard, but as I reported previously, it is fully recognized by the native AppleUSBXHCIPCI driver (and in fact it works much better than it ever did with GenericUSBXHCI).

See this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/26-asmedia-usb3/

AsMedia 1042 works well on my system

Thanks for the above replies, I'll have a crack at getting it working next weekend as I'm using my PC/Mac all week and would prefer not to make a mistake and lose the Highpoint riser I have in there.

I need to get my head around getting all the port information and adding to DSDT, as I haven't tackled osx86 problems for over a year now and used some noob auto-installer tools to get this running this time and it's just USB I'm having issues with.

The aforementioned auto-installer installed GenericUSB kext... do I need to remove this before using the caldigit from carbo's post kexts or editing DSDT?

I also installed x99injector kext and used Clover Configurator to add patches EHC1 - EH01 and EHC2 - EH02 but this didn't get me anywhere. 

You don't need GenericUSBXHCI nor Caldigit... those kexts are NOT compatible with 10.11+... GenericUSBXHCI kind of sorta works but is very unstable and I doubt Caldigit works at all.

If you're on 10.11.6, the vanilla OSX kext is enough. You probably just need to put the proper devices in the DSDT if it doesn't work right away (look up the DSDT injection guide using lspci)

Attached is proof.

post-1018099-0-42871400-1488051032_thumb.jpg