Boot stuck at Apple logo after install (Hazard 10.6.1-10.6.2)

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I decided to install Hazard Snow Leopard and the install completed normally. After restart the boot hangs at the Apple logo. I'm a noob when it comes to Hackintosh so I'm not sure why this is happening but I think it has something to do with ACPI

When I boot in verbose, the last few lines read.

Trying to change a collection in the registry

Backtrace 0x502384 0x533a79 0x2f94e6de 0x2f943c73 0x2f947a9e 0x53ba6c 0x539ca1

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3)@0x2f941000->0x2f981fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x2f8d5000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.3)@0x2f8f2000

It says this twice in order. (Picture with more info below)

2n8rdib.jpg

I'm not sure what this means, but if anyone does please let me know what it is and how I can fix it.

Thanks

I'm going to try re installing with a different bootloader choice and see if that fixes anything.

I tried to re install even changing updates and removing the fixed SATA drivers altogether (as they seemed to contain kexts relating to ACPI). I switched from Chameleon PC EFI 10.3 to 10.5 as those were the only two bootloaders. Tried to boot and got the same thing.

Okay, I'm just going to stick with Leopard. I guess old pc just isn't ready for Snow. I tried a vanilla install, and got the same thing. Replaced kexts with ones I knew worked, got a kernel panic. So, I'm just not going to bother, but if anyone still has any ideas, feel free to reply.

Okay, I'm just going to stick with Leopard. I guess old pc just isn't ready for Snow. I tried a vanilla install, and got the same thing. Replaced kexts with ones I knew worked, got a kernel panic. So, I'm just not going to bother, but if anyone still has any ideas, feel free to reply.

What are the specs for you computer?(Network,graphics,sound,etc)

What are the specs for you computer?(Network,graphics,sound,etc)

Network: Intel Wireless PRO 2200 (internal) Belkin N300 Wireless Adapter (main, external)

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

Sound: Realtek (not sure what model but AC '97 drivers seem to work with it)

Processor: Pentium M 1.7Ghz Dothan

Drives might be IDE (not completely sure)