Clover issue

foster

9 posts in this topic

I have updated clover a few times but noticed the splash screen as clover loads and clover configurator showing 3065 even after updating to 3215

I am using UEFI boot mode, and have a fusion drive setup.

Not sure what to do to make sure it is fully updated.

I've had this problem too, with time everything is back to normal. Don't worry about that, the update has been successful.

What method you use for update? With Clover installer or Clover ISO?

PS: "Splash Screen" you are a Linux user right?  :P

The first line of text clover shows just before the clover GUI loads shows 3065

Both Clover Configurator and the Clover System Preferences pane also shows 3065

I use the packages downloaded from clover to do the updates.

I have updated clover a few times but noticed the splash screen as clover loads and clover configurator showing 3065 even after updating to 3215

I am using UEFI boot mode, and have a fusion drive setup.

Not sure what to do to make sure it is fully updated.

I do also have a fusion setup and it appears that there will probably be more than one efi partition across the involved and installed discs. Seems to have difficulties to mount the correct efi for the update.

I enabled the hidden features in disk util and went through each disk to check and clear the wrong contents.

Probably a real crude and dirty way to update then is to copy efi/clover to your os x root, run the update and copy the updated folder back to the efi partition.

Works for me at least, but I'm sure there's a far better way to get it done. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The first line of text clover shows just before the clover GUI loads shows 3065

Both Clover Configurator and the Clover System Preferences pane also shows 3065

I use the packages downloaded from clover to do the updates.

The problem is, that your fusion drive is seen as two or more independent partitions on different disks. Now, when you boot UEFI mode, you run Clover from one or the other (depends on your mobo/clover logic/etc) EFI partitions (you have one for each GUID-formatted drive in the system). The problem here is that clover updater cannot figure out where to update its UEFI components/drivers - it knows where it booted off from, but it is not guaranteed that the next time it will root from the same ESP.

Now, here's what I do to update my Clover:

=== DO THE COMMON SENSE CHECK - ENSURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS, BOOTABLE DRIVE TO REINSTALL THE SYSTEM, ETC. JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG ===

1) format a USB flash drive/SD-Card/external drive (any size, even 1Gb is ok) in GUID mode.

2.1) run the Clover installer/updater and install it to the USB to update the Clover EFI modules on the USB

2.2) run the update on the target system (Macintosh HD) to update stuff in /Library etc..

3.) copy updated CLOVER.EFI and others from the USB's ESP to that of your boot drive (that is most probably disк0s1 - you should know that better). Preserve your config, kexts, and whatever you know should not be overwritten.

Any idea about this error :)

2i91efm.png

This is really fascinating error, because this has happened for me too and I was thinking how on earth this is happening with softwares which did not happen before. This happened to me after re-installing OSX. But this seems to be indeed related to the "rootless=0" flag. I realised that after re-installing El Capitan, I was removed that flag from use. Earlier when this error did not happen, I was still using the bootflag.