Clover dont see my createinstallmedia USB

PHV

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I just want to reinstall 10.10.3 and make a clean install. I need my clover usb stick to be as it is, because of some changes in the config.plist that gave me 1080p at the bootscreen and so on. But it will not see my createinstallmedia usb stick. Do i need to have a special and maybe newer version of clover to see it? 

Or is there any way to see which box i clicked in the installation of clover? i dont know how i get clover to run properly in the past, because every time i try a new clover usb stick theres just a blinking "_" at the screen and nothing happens. with my clover usb stick theres anything with "boot6" and then show me the clover ui. 

thanks!

P5Q Deluxe is my motherboard 

Strange, this guide works perfectly (for me).

You follow this tip?

You might try using the HFSPlus-64.efi (Google it) rather than VBoxHfs-64. Also be certain you're booting from a USB 2.0 port.

As I said, with my "old" (i use it every day, got a fully working os x 10.10.4 beta hackintosh) clover stick i can see and boot my os x installation but clover doesnt see my createinstallmedia stick. My clover version is one of those who came out in the early days of yosemite betas. i think 2693 or something. 

but if i install the latest clover version on another usb stick to test it out, it get only a blinking _ on the screen. Is there any way to migrate a old clover version to a new?

but if i install the latest clover version on another usb stick to test it out, it get only a blinking _ on the screen. Is there any way to migrate a old clover version to a new?

@PHV,

You can actually install the latest Clover version but use it with an older CloverEFI "boot" file (the included SATA driver maybe more compatible for your system) - refer to post#6862 by @Slice.

Eg Try installing Clover r3202 but replacing the boot file with the attached boot file from r2953 (and replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64).

post-846696-0-87641400-1430575651_thumb.png

Good Luck!

Edit

If you have a permissions problem copying the boot file to the root of your OSX volume or EFI, use terminal and sudo...

eg assuming the boot file is in your downloads folder, type the following lines in terminal, followed by <Enter>

cd Downloads
sudo mv boot /Volumes/OSX_volume_name (or EFI if Clover installed in EFI)

Clover_r2953_boot.zip

• Like 1