Power Management Troubleshooting (Clover, Yosemite, IB)

KushKrime

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with power management on my system, because after months of tinkering I still can't get speedstep working. My problem is that after following the Power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs guide on this site and then installing the SSDT I get a black screen upon boot. I've tried booting in verbose which doesn't help much because it appears the system boots just fine right before said black screen. Anybody got any idea what my problem could be? I'll attach relevant files just incase.

SSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with power management on my system, because after months of tinkering I still can't get speedstep working. My problem is that after following the Power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs guide on this site and then installing the SSDT I get a black screen upon boot. I've tried booting in verbose which doesn't help much because it appears the system boots just fine right before said black screen. Anybody got any idea what my problem could be? I'll attach relevant files just incase.

Hello @KrushKrime.

Before you go to States, you need enable your video first. Try boot with this boot argument:

-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=10

I was getting the Black Screen of Death just after the boot loader. This article in OSXDaily saved me:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/11/22/fix-macbook-pro-booting-black-screen/

You used this kind of tip in a Hackintosh?

• Like 1

Hello @KrushKrime.

Before you go to States, you need enable your video first. Try boot with this boot argument:

-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=10
Thanks for the reply Allan, I had begun to lose hope in a solution. I tried the boot arguments you supplied and the result is the same, a black screen. Does "IntelCapri=10" apply to me when I'm using discrete graphics (R9 280X)? In addition I found that using "-xcpm" allows me to boot into my desktop but it also causes random restarts and really high multipliers even though I'm not overclocked; I used iStatMenu to see that.

Thanks for the reply Allan, I had begun to lose hope in a solution. I tried the boot arguments you supplied and the result is the same, a black screen. Does "IntelCapri=10" apply to me when I'm using discrete graphics (R9 280X)? In addition I found that using "-xcpm" allows me to boot into my desktop but it also causes random restarts and really high multipliers even though I'm not overclocked; I used iStatMenu to see that.

Sorry i forgot about you R9 280X, the IntelCapriFB=10 boot argument is for HD 4000.  :blush:

• Like 1

Hmmm, man, your Power Management is very wrong:

DSc.png

Put the SSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

And use this config.plist: attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Is the config.plist above don't work, try this: attachicon.gifconfig.plist 2.zip

So using the SSDT, and only Config.plist 2 I was able to boot. I didn't have to use any other argument, but I am only seeing a turbo of 3.7ghz instead of 3.9. Maybe i should stay with iMac SMBIOS?

MSRDumper is reporting all states active, including 39x. I just don't know why my CPU only goes up to 3.7ghz turbo (37x) - based on Intel Power Gadget, and iStatMenus. Maybe that's as good as it will get haha. Anyways I think i'm ok with that so thank you much for helping me through this, it is very appreciated. This community is awesome!

• Like 1