InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zhangtemplar

[Success] 10.9.1 on HP z800

I have successfully installed Mavericks (10.9.1) to my HP Z800.

Specification

1. 2x Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2.26GHz Four Cores Eight Threads;
  2. 96 GB 1066 MHZ ECC DDR3;
  3. Nvidia GTX 760;
  4. Intel Rapid raid storage;
  5. LSI SAS controller;
  6. 1×128 GB SSD and 4x2TB HDD;

Procedure

1. Get your Mavericks 10.9.1. This is must, after 10.9.1 the support to LSI SAS controller is removed;
  2. On your Mac, use myHack (you can get it http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/) to create a USB installer, for which you will need at 8GB stick;
  3. Change hardware settings of HP Z800 to make all your SSD and HDD connected to SAS port instead of SATA port (which won’t be recognized). Remove unnecessary component from HP Z800.
  4. Change the bios setting of HP Z800 to disable vt-d and make sure booting from LSI is enabled (press ctrl+c during booting to access LSI interface);
  5. Insert your USB installer to HP Z800 and use following boot flag “GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0 -v -f”. The first two flags we used for the GTX 760 graphic card and “-f” disable kernel cache;
  6. Follow the install instruction of the Apple. Approaching to completion, myHack will indicate you to remove some kexts, press “yes” to all of them;
  7. After installation is completed, remove the USB installer from HP Z800;
  8. Boot HP Z800 to the Mavericks just installed and follow all the instruction;
  9. In your system, change boot flag in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Benchmark

Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-11.05.55-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-11.11.37-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-11.11.43-PM.pn

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By iammask
      My laptop is Hp ab522tx(https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04863397)
      Product number T0Z73PA Product name HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx Microprocessor Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores) Memory, standard 8 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 940M (4 GB DDR3L dedicated) I made bootable USB of high sierra. While installing it in verbose mode, I get a blank black screen. Mostly its graphics problem with the kext.
      please help guys.

• By Twml
      I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running OSx 10.13.4 High Sierra

I have an odd issue i believe is related to DSDT patch for ACPI Power battery.
      My battery icon works the battery level goes up/down and battery goes black when charging/white when not.

BUT... Always has a lightning bolt in it and says "Power Source: Power Adapter" no matter if its connected or not.

How can i get it to recognize my adapter is unplugged?
    • By crisx95
      Hi, can someone of you palese help me fix the dsdt from my HP 15 p030nl? I need battery mette, back light control and the audio work in. Pls, I'm just bad at this, and before making a mess, i'd like your help. 
      P. S. I'm on High Sierra
      DSDT.aml.zip
    • By zeg66
      Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 
      Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?
    • By zeg66
      Could you please help me enable the VGA port on the GT710 in 10.9.5 13F34 ? 
      It is currently booting fine through its HDMI port, web driver 334.0103f01 and config.plist arguments checked: Verbose (-v), npci=0x2000, dart=0, nvda_drv=1
      The nvidia GT710 works fine through its VGA port and web drivers on a friend's Mac Pro 3,1
      I must soon return this borrowed HDMI monitor, mine only has a VGA port so I'd appreciate your input.