Everything works great.. except sound.

WellCze

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm running on 10.10.2 Yosemite with nvidia gtx750ti and amd phenom x4 960t. Everything works so damn well. Only the sound is terrible.. I have to use voodoohda, because i have to use npci=x000 flag, without it I'm getting stuck at pci config begin. when i use applehda.kext (i tried a lot) there is no sound device found (i think fault of npci flag), with vooodoohda it is, but the sound is terrible, choppy, delayed (tried playing with midi and stuff). It has been so long way getting this all work and id wish to make a guide if the sound will work. Please if anyone know any tips. Im using the latest kernel posted in kernel testing thread.

• Like 1

I have same problem with you... :(

Im running 10.10.2 with Realtek ALC892... my problem solved with VoodoHDA 2.8.4 and the sound good enough, little different with the sound in Windows and Ubuntu.

But I still wait for anybody who solve the npci=xxxx problem. So ican use appleHDA.kext, thats will be my own satisfaction...

have you tried to  adding (_ADR, Zero) to

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))

Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_UID, Zero)

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)

If this is to DSDT, i don't have that :( 

Also using those "no Npci=.zip" IOPCIFAMILY etd. kexts makes my system not boot, prpably because they are made for mavericks and not yosemite and i have not found any updated :/

These are the errors when I'm using "no Npci=.zip" from carlo .. a lot of "....IOPCIFamily not compatible with requested version 2.9" and "AppleUSBOHCI might not load - kextd is currently unavailable" and than stuck.. so that is not a way i guess. I than have to go through installation terminal rollback to backup.

I have same problem with you... :(

Im running 10.10.2 with Realtek ALC892... my problem solved with VoodoHDA 2.8.4 and the sound good enough, little different with the sound in Windows and Ubuntu.

But I still wait for anybody who solve the npci=xxxx problem. So ican use appleHDA.kext, thats will be my own satisfaction...

Thanks for reply.. unfortunately when i use VoodooHDA (even 2.8.4 the sound i so laggy and delayed that its unusable) I hope we will find a way to make this work.

have you tried to  adding (_ADR, Zero) to

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))

Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_UID, Zero)

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)

Learned how to do DSDT, tried this, not working. :(

Thanks for reply, but i cant seem to download those attachments (dead) and i dont know how to compile it from github..  - found it

Edit: Just tried it.. still the same :( stuck on pci config begin without npci=0x2000.. sometimes it stucks on a little different place (rarely) like in half word etc.

• 1 month later...