csillamfaszlama

Yosemite USB + Boot problems

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I have recently installed OSX Yosemite on my computer:

Gigabyte Ga-z87M-d3h

Nvidia Geforce Gt 630
Intel Core i5 4690k

So, my problem is, at boot sometimes I get grey screens (like 1 of 3 times), and at shutdown, my computer doesnt stop. It shuts down my screen, but it seems like it hasnt shut completely down. 
Also, sometimes when I plug my USB sound card in (Focusrite scarlett 18i6), OSX freezes. 
I use chameleon bootloader. 
Could you help me what causes this problem?

Advertisement

Welcome to the Insanelymac forums  :welcomeani: ,

please put your specs in your signature and tell me your boot-flags.

You can also try to boot with clover (Installed to EFI)

happy hacking

OSBeast

Chameleon is not good for UEFI boot. Use Clover instead ;)

Happy Hacking

OSBeast

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ciumann
      Salve ragazzi!
      Dopo molti tentativi sono riuscito a fare hackintosh con High Sierra. Ogni sistema operativo ha il suo Hard Disk.

Scheda madre: AsRock B85M (UEFI)
      Processore: Intel i5 4460
      Scheda Video: Palit GTX 960 4 GB
      Ram: 2 schede HyperX Fury 4 GB ognuna.

Ora ho un po' di cose da risolvere.

Innanzitutto vorrei scegliere all'avvio del PC quale dei sistemi operativi far partire. Ho fatto la procedura con "moltebestie" (in ogni tipo di opzione nel quick start) ma all'avvio devo sempre inserire la pennetta per poter scegliere Sierra.

Secondo problema è che mi mancano i vari driver, scheda video... E, cosa strana, ho notato che nelle informazioni di sistema mi da che ho 4 GB di Ram invece che 8.

Ringrazio in anticipo!

• By bmocc
      After restoring a clone of High Sierra using Carbon Copy Cloner with I believe the EFI partition also cloned the system worked as it should including shutdown and awake from sleep but when rebooted I always got the message screen that the system improperly shut down and offers to report to Apple--the installation from which the clone was made always shut down properly. This annoying behavior persisted after upgrading to Mojave but again everything (network, Audio, USB 3, awake from sleep etc) works as it should as far as I am concerned and the system is very stable. The hardware is basically i76700k, GB AMD 580, Asus Maximus Hero VIII, 16gb RAM. I attached the config.plist presuming that is where the problem lies. I would appreciate any insights from those more knowledgeable than moi.
      config.plist
    • By djamiirr
      Hello Guys. I have macOS High Sierra installed on my Lenovo g50-80 laptop. At the beginning, everything was working fine, but recently, usb ports stops working suddenly sometimes when i replug usb device, wake up from sleep or by himself (no action) and the only solution is to reboot. lsusb shows that device still plugged when i remove it. I have USBInjectAll.kext in /S/L/E. how can i identify the problem? And thanks.
    • By tbianco
      Ho comprato da poco un Acer Aspire 5750G e girando su internet ho trovato la cartella efi che garantiva quasi tutto funzionante perfino il wifi (https://github.com/zipippino/HighSierraAspire5750G).
      Allora felicissimo installo macOS e a parte incappare in errori stupidi, riesco a fare tutto, ma quando sono riuscito ad installare clover Legacy e sostituendo la roba con la 'mia' efi clover si avvia ma macOS no, semplicemente non carica (si nota anche pk la spia dell'hdd che dice se è in attivitá è spenta.
      Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
    • By JLMOX
      I think, at this point converting to hfs+ is out of the question, Apple has been pushing the apfs file policy very aggressively, so does anybody solved the missing "Boot macOS from Mojave " (this last word may be different). I have installed the latest clover in HDD and USB, but I can only see 3 Mac Os related tabs but not the one for actually loading the Mojabe mac OS. I updated high sierra to Mojave and everything went fine. My laptop (Dell E6530) booted up normally, Mojave system loaded up, I finished the setup and spent sometime exploring. I updated clover to the latest version and turned of machine. When I restarted, I noticed Clover did not have an option for booting into the system like High sierra had it. I tried adding the apfs.efi or the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi driver to the clover efi folder in the HDD and also tried with a USB clover installation and the result is the same: No boot option for the Mojave OS. I used the recovery option and I was able to explore the partion where the system is located but that´s as far as I could go. Does anybody has an idea of what happened?