Intel HD4400 Full Qe/Ci in Yosemite 10.10.2/10.10.3

Mirone

99 posts in this topic

file:///Users/umegghiu/Desktop/per%20mirone/config.plist.zip
file:///Users/umegghiu/Desktop/per%20mirone/dsdt.zip
file:///Users/umegghiu/Desktop/per%20mirone/ssdt.zip

ops, sorry

use this files:Files.zip

Hi, Mirone! I have a strange problem when i use some application. Please watch the video i taked . http://cht.tw/x/kjrc8

And attach file is my config.plist

Do you have some suggestion ?

Best Ragrds

FIX_INTELGFX_100000=YES?

Are you sure you need this?

FIX_INTELGFX_100000=YES?

Are you sure you need this?

Honestly..... I don't know ...(Because this config.plist was got from some forum ...)

But I think HD 4400 shouldn't need this.

But.... But ... But .... I removed this setting , it's still the same situation  ..

I installed Virtualbox on my Yosemite , and build a guest OS with Win7. The Windows 7 is pretty good ?! The Chrome+Flash is very smooth, and the IDE (Intelji) is vary stable. 

So, what's wrong with my Yosemite ???????  

Sorry Mirone, I do not know if I did right:

I replaced the config.plist in EFI / Clover
I pasted DSDT and SSDT-1  in to EFI / Clover / ACPI / patched
Reboot
I did right?
If yes , not 'change anything

after install the files send me your IOREG.ioreg

you must build a config.plist
based on their hardware and not in others
send me your DSDT + + SSDT IOREG.ioreg
if you do not know how to extract these files
do a search on the forum.

I use IORegistryexplorer to get My IOREG. Is this right ? and I packed with my config.plist 

add another ZIP file include the DSDT , SSDT.dsl which generated by MaciASL.

My_U430P.zip

U430P.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mirone,

On a Dell XPS 9333 with Intel HD4400, crashes were experienced. However on a Lenovo U430 with Intel HD4400 all was fine.

So for Intel HD4400 it does not always crash, however for Intel HD4600 it certainly does.

To elaborate on the link you posted:

Both use the term FakePCIID, but the concept is different.

FakeID on clover injects a device ID into the DSDT to make a device match against a driver in OS X.

This works in some of the cases, however there are the number of drivers which read the vendor and device ID directly from the device PCI configuration space.

Since the PCI configuration space is a read-only memory mapped region directly on the PCI device Clover is unable to change these results.

This has resulted in kext patching the ID's in kexts like you are doing in the first post. The patching has been done for Intel HD4600, Broadcom LAN cards, Intel HDMI Audio etc etc.

I previously had a chat with Slice if Clover would be able to do such a "spoofing", but he said as a bootloader it would not be possible and would have to be done in OS X.

This is where FakePCIID comes in. It attaches to the IOPCIDevice and overrides its C++ virtual methods, allowing it to intercept communication between the original driver and the IOPCIDevice.

When the information we want to fake is requested, its returning the fake information instead of the information from the IOPCIDevice memory space.

Does any of this work on mavericks??????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I figured why not try this procedure with OS X 10.11 El Captain and my Intel Haswell NUC D34010WYK with an i3 and Intel HD4400 graphics. At first I was pretty bumped since it worked out of the box. But when I patched the second stage boot glitch OS X would hang at that stage. So I removed the patch but still the second boot stage hung.

Finally I reset the system to my old Mavericks and gave it another try without patching the cosmetic glitch in second boot stage.

At first everything seemed working perfectly. The Intel HD4400 got detected and Qe/Ci where working fine. But after rebooting the system after a few days without changing anything at system level, again the boot hangs on second boot stage.

Replacing the patched kexts/dylib resolves the issue. Patching them again via script results in the boot stuck at second stage boot again.

BTW: I'm using Clover (newest version) to inject the changes into the kexts.

Any ideas/advices?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...