Unable to boot Recovery HD

Dec_Bra1n

13 posts in this topic

Hello guy i am looking for serious solution for my Recovery HD

this is my Config

HP DV6 6121TX see my Signature 

GPT+CLOVER 

Whenever i boot from Recovery HD my LED Screen goes Off i have tested with Original Intel HD 3000 kext and with patched one also but no result was comparable 

So guys i need sires Help 

You have the correct Intel DSDT fixes selected in your clover config?

Yeah i did but still same 

You have to disable graphics injector to boot correctly.I wish clover someday does this automatically for recovery or installer.

I tried this too but no success :(

Moment you boot , after the apple loading screen , the LED turns off ? Is that what you are facing

If that's the case , go to Graphics option in clover , and change the device id (fake id) to 0x00001 , it would force to load in VESA , bypassing all intel kext , this way you can get into recovery partition without issue

This happens on my iHack too , it is caused by bad EDID and for some reason having it in DSDT does not seem to work properly 

Moment you boot , after the apple loading screen , the LED turns off ? Is that what you are facing

If that's the case , go to Graphics option in clover , and change the device id (fake id) to 0x00001 , it would force to load in VESA , bypassing all intel kext , this way you can get into recovery partition without issue

This happens on my iHack too , it is caused by bad EDID and for some reason having it in DSDT does not seem to work properly 

Yeah......

i will try and reply soon :D thanks 

It works but using Fake ID go IntelGFX my IntelHD3000 graphics is stop working 

NO QE/CI at all after adding fake ID 

post-957871-0-80327700-1420973276_thumb.png

Use it only when you want to boot to recovery disc otherwise close it down ,

I thought you were not able to boot to recovery disk

Once you are able to boot you may go to terminal and type touch /System/Library/Extensions and you should able to reboot an boot to recovery without the need for a fake ID

Those are your two options

If you are wondering why on earth you cant' boot your recovery partition , something is a miss (bad EDID ?)

Use it only when you want to boot to recovery disc otherwise close it down ,

I thought you were not able to boot to recovery disk

Once you are able to boot you may go to terminal and type touch /System/Library/Extensions and you should able to reboot an boot to recovery without the need for a fake ID

Those are your two options

If you are wondering why on earth you cant' boot your recovery partition , something is a miss (bad EDID ?)

No you are not getting

Using that fake id i am able to boot My RecoveryHD without any issue but thing is if i add that Fake ID then on my working OS my resolution gone NO QE/CI at all 

No you are not getting

Using that fake id i am able to boot My RecoveryHD without any issue but thing is if i add that Fake ID then on my working OS my resolution gone NO QE/CI at all 

Yes , the main reason -if you want to boot to recovery , go to Clover Options change the fake id , under normal situations you do not have to . You are changing in config.plist which YOU SHOULDN'T only change as is when you need it

Now to properly fix it - you would need to dig deeper , I am guessing it is because of bad EDID or you need to inject something else into /S/L/E inside reovery partition. I am not sure of your configuration

If your objective is to boot into recovery partition , then remove fakeid from clover config , press O when booting up receovery and use fake ID. Simple - quick win solution. You get full QE/CI in normal OSX 

Yes , the main reason -if you want to boot to recovery , go to Clover Options change the fake id , under normal situations you do not have to . You are changing in config.plist which YOU SHOULDN'T only change as is when you need it

Now to properly fix it - you would need to dig deeper , I am guessing it is because of bad EDID or you need to inject something else into /S/L/E inside reovery partition. I am not sure of your configuration

If your objective is to boot into recovery partition , then remove fakeid from clover config , press O when booting up receovery and use fake ID. Simple - quick win solution. You get full QE/CI in normal OSX 

Yeah my problem solve..... Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Simple fix. Go to the Terminal and enter:

diskutil mount Recovery\ HD

Now, Open the Recovery HD and delete the "com.apple.boot.S" and "System" folders, leaving only the "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder.

The deleted folders are normally used with a Fusion Drive setup for booting OS X, but are present in the "Boot OS X" partition on the other Fusion drive. They just get in the way of booting Recovery.

LasVegas

Simple fix. Go to the Terminal and enter:

Now, Open the Recovery HD and delete the "com.apple.boot.S" and "System" folders, leaving only the "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder.

The deleted folders are normally used with a Fusion Drive setup for booting OS X, but are present in the "Boot OS X" partition on the other Fusion drive. They just get in the way of booting Recovery.

LasVegas

There is no such files and folder 

10934165_881465651892994_551624683_n.jpg

10913607_10202988345781125_1744662685_n.