Clover Boot Error

Hackmodford

12 posts in this topic

Yes I do use the web drivers. Should I remove the boot argument?

I already have aptiofix in the custom bios. I'm assuming this is a newer version? What would I do in this case?

If you have Chameleon boot loader, try to boot from there and uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, rebuild caches and reboot from clover.

If you don't have Chameleon try to remove the nvda_drv=1 argument at boot.

I had this same error....It came after trying to inject WIFI card info for me....Tried to fix it many ways with no luck...I was however, able to boot the system by making a USB clover boot device with legacy settings(non-UEFI). So it seems to be UEFI related.

removing the boot argument did not fix anything.

Using aptiofix2 didn't help either. I believe this is because the first version is embedded in my bios :(

I had this same error....It came after trying to inject WIFI card info for me....Tried to fix it many ways with no luck...I was however, able to boot the system by making a USB clover boot device with legacy settings(non-UEFI). So it seems to be UEFI related.

Try to see the size of the kernel in System/Library/Kernels, should be 10,6Mb, if it's of this size, you can try to start without cache, if it does not work try to delete the file prelinkedkernel (System/Library/PrelinkedKernel).

If the kernel size is not 10,6Mb you can extract original kernel from Yosemite image or app (OS X InstallESD/Packages/Essentials.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel), use Pacifist for this operation, then put the kernel on the right folder

I have a similar error that happened after installing chimera 4.01, with previous versions of that I could boot either clover in uefi or chameleon in legacy without issues. In my output appears cant find mach-kernel in mavericks or kernel in yosemite...I suspect there must be something related to kernelcache=yes to path to kernel has to be put in someway into clover config...any sugestion?

Try to see the size of the kernel in System/Library/Kernels, should be 10,6Mb, if it's of this size, you can try to start without cache, if it does not work try to delete the file prelinkedkernel (System/Library/PrelinkedKernel).

If the kernel size is not 10,6Mb you can extract original kernel from Yosemite image or app (OS X InstallESD/Packages/Essentials.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel), use Pacifist for this operation, then put the kernel on the right folder

Is this something I can do from the recovery partition? That one boots fine.