Installing Yosemite

xKillerKev7x

27 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have been away from the scene for a while and I am have a few questions with installing yosemite on my PC, where should I go from here I want to be able to dualboot both Yosemite and Windows and be able to update Yosemite through the app store. I currently have a Gigabyte Z77-UD4H and a Radeon 270 as my graphics card, are these compatible? Also does anyone have a tutorial on what I should be picking when installing and the actual install process. I know before there was [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc...

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi and Welcome!

I recommend you wait for Yosemite final version, is more stable.  ;)

Post more information about your hardware.

And we don't give support for Tonymac tools, please read our rules.

In some cases, yes!

Like, sound, ethernet, USB ports, etc...but don't worry, is very easy.

Everything you need is patience, attention and read some Guides and Tutos.  ^_^

Ah I am running Ethernet on my board is there a specific Kext I am going to need? How do I find which one I must use?

an alternative for you since your board has dual bioses is to use ozmosis boot loader, it resides in the BIOS and is easier to configure and get running.  I attached a copy for your board to this post, all you have to do is enable the dual bios function (normally a toggle on the motherboard for safety sake incase of bad flash) and then flash this to your bios and reboot, it will boot both windows, and OS X just like is were native ;)

HBP

PS there is a complete forum in the boot loaders section detailing how to configure it.

Z77XUD4H_ozmosis.F2h.zip

an alternative for you since your board has dual bioses is to use ozmosis boot loader, it resides in the BIOS and is easier to configure and get running.  I attached a copy for your board to this post, all you have to do is enable the dual bios function (normally a toggle on the motherboard for safety sake incase of bad flash) and then flash this to your bios and reboot, it will boot both windows, and OS X just like is were native ;)

HBP

PS there is a complete forum in the boot loaders section detailing how to configure it.

So I just flash this and just install OSX like regular? Im not looking to dual boot windows anymore, just looking for straight OSX. Does this mean I dont need a bootloader?

oh snap! almost flashed the wrong bios sorry guys i said the wrong mobo... i am using a gigabyte z77-HD4

good catch, but that is why you have dual bioses, and flash one at a time always leave one un altered...

this is a modified version without the DSDT fixes due to not having your boards DSDT. it was not available from my other forum so I rolled it for you using OZMTool and the bios from Gigabyte's website.

you at your own risk, but know that many others have used this method with great success. 

Good luck.

HBP

PS the other forum for more info is:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/

Good luck and God speed.

Z77HD4.F1-OZM-894m.rom.zip

good catch, but that is why you have dual bioses, and flash one at a time always leave one un altered...

this is a modified version without the DSDT fixes due to not having your boards DSDT. it was not available from my other forum so I rolled it for you using OZMTool and the bios from Gigabyte's website.

you at your own risk, but know that many others have used this method with great success. 

Good luck.

HBP

PS the other forum for more info is:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/

Good luck and God speed.

Am I going to need any kexts or anything to get Ethernet, sound and my GFx Card up and running?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dps/?hl=%20applehda for sound, I don't know for ethernet, and again I don't know for gfx, didn't look that far into it.  

HBP,

PS, doing a quick search in the forum will pull most of the answers that I can't give due to not having dev ID's on the other hardware.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dps/?hl=%20applehda for sound, I don't know for ethernet, and again I don't know for gfx, didn't look that far into it.  

HBP,

PS, doing a quick search in the forum will pull most of the answers that I can't give due to not having dev ID's on the other hardware.

How do I get these Dev ID's also when installing Yosemite on the Ozmosis Bios when booting I get a black screen with a stop symbol (Circle with slash) any ideas why? Apparently that means incompatible hardware is what a buddy of mine told me

in windows, using device manager, an example of the Hardware ID's from a GFX card:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&CC_0300

as for the Circle with the slash through it, I need more info about your hardware to (fix) the DSDT to make it so that you don't get that. with the default DSDT it seems not functional.

do you have a DSDT dump that has been patched that you cam ship me to integrate? I can remake the ROM for you.

HBP

in windows, using device manager, an example of the Hardware ID's from a GFX card:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&CC_0300

as for the Circle with the slash through it, I need more info about your hardware to (fix) the DSDT to make it so that you don't get that. with the default DSDT it seems not functional.

do you have a DSDT dump that has been patched that you cam ship me to integrate? I can remake the ROM for you.

HBP

So no longer getting the circle, but when booting yosemite it looks all choppy, also Ethernet still not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzfY2r2cKo

you need to patch for the AMD card, I don't know much about that due to having a nvidia card.

if you look around here in the forum I am sure folks will be able to help or have already resolved the issues...

HBP