How to: Mavericks retail on VMWare [AMD System]

37 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

@LukasX64 thank you for the guide !

@kimi_nl you are a hero ! It was the only image working out of the box after spending a week trying to setup!

Now my only question is about setting the correct number of cores and numbers of processors for my fx6300.

My vmachine reports 1 processor with 6 cores but I feel it's not right .

PS. Are there any plans for a Yosemite image?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@LukasX64 thank you for the guide !

@kimi_nl you are a hero ! It was the only image working out of the box after spending a week trying to setup!

Now my only question is about setting the correct number of cores and numbers of processors for my fx6300.

My vmachine reports 1 processor with 6 cores but I feel it's not right .

PS. Are there any plans for a Yosemite image?

Thats correct because you have 1 "Physical" CPU and in it there are 6 "cores" (note some virtualization stuff such as virtuallbox only detects 3 core do gogling to find out why).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

firstly thanks for the guide and I was able to get mavericks running on my amd athlon II x2 260

But after following steps of changing boot order to "clover" and restarting the OS I'm getting the following error-

The firmware encountered an unexpected exception. The virtual machine cannot boot.

I tried to "Boot mac os x without cache" and still the same error is popping up. :(  :wink_anim:

Can some one guide please..

Thanks in advance.. :)

post-1562645-0-13553100-1436546400_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

Here is a alternate link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/315-bsa-1095-rc1/ I'll pm lucas about changing the link btw I'm HackerPro just a differemt name

Your welcome glad Noobel1 JVene Lucas and I could help cause we had a lot of funny business trying to get it to work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...