[SOLVED] Atheros AR9285 Help Needed - 10.9.4

themacmeister

17 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am using a Core-i3 Acer HackBook, and I installed my spare Atheros AR9285 (which I thought was AR92B5) and did the kext edit with IDs to get it functioning.

I am having an issue of the WiFi driver stopping after a random period, and not working again until a restart.

After a restart it will work forever ?!?!?!

I have a custom DSDT, and would love to use a virgin IO80211Family.kext and inject the Airport info.

I originally thought the dropout was a timeout from the 4ipnet server. If this was the case, I should have been able to log back in instantly, but alas, no WiFi until restart :-(

If anyone could guide or assist me in what to add to my DSDT.aml, I would be most appreciative. I am not very knowledgeable regarding DSDT editing in general, but will be able to add and compile a new device section for the Airport card (I think).

As long as it compiles and functions, I will be very happy.

PS. I know so little about DSDT editing, that it compiles with over 50 warnings, which I have not been able to solve. If I post a compile log, maybe someone can help me with that too (on a new thread).

Many thanks.

Well, sorry I took so long. Attached is the ioJones output, along with lspci -vvv output, and also a copy of my io80211Family.kext

As you can see, I just added 2b to the top of the list (as instructed in many howtos).

I would love to get access to tkp2 encrypted routers etc. via device/firmware injection.

Many thanks in advance, and once again, sorry about the wait...

Cheers.

Archive.zip

I discovered what causes it, it is TOO MUCH wireless traffic at once. Discovered this while launching my 5th concurrent download on MacUpdate. The access point then disappears from the list, and will not reappear until a restart. Logging off doesn't fix it.

There may be a command-line method to unload and reload the kexts for the hardware, but it may be better getting the hardware working correctly first (Unknown Locale 60)?

Cheers.

Country code is now france, and no Locale selected, but working with virgin IO80211Family.kext :)

Many thanks, I'll stress test it, and see how it goes...

Software Versions:
  CoreWLAN:	4.3.3 (433.48)
  CoreWLANKit:	3.3.2 (332.36)
  Menu Extra:	9.3.2 (932.35)
  System Information:	9.0 (900.8)
  IO80211 Family:	6.4 (640.36)
  Diagnostics:	3.0 (300.40)
  AirPort Utility:	6.3.2 (632.3)
  Interfaces:
en1:
  Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x3040)
  Firmware Version:	Atheros 9285: 4.0.74.0-P2P
  MAC Address:	78:e4:00:17:6b:c3
  Locale:	Unknown
  Country Code:	FR 
  Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 a/b/g/n
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
  Wake On Wireless:	Supported
  AirDrop:	Supported
  Current Network Information:
MCOAC Hotspot:
  PHY Mode:	802.11n
  BSSID:	06:1f:d4:01:e8:f8