Vaio users black screen after boot

tchospy

223 posts in this topic

Put the last DSDT on the extra folder of your OS X installation USB without delete any nvidia kext and boot with it, see if you reach the install screen with your internal display

Well... I already did this... the dumper I sent you previously booted using what you said... the DSDT is already in Extra folder and the nvidia drivers is running... 100hal . Always using GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I think now it is reaching the internal display cause I can turn it on and off... but only black is shown. Nothing is showing on the screen... I can just control the brightness, but black brightness.

Also using swiftresx I can now extract the EDID from the internal monitor... and it is correct.. 

Do you think a need a modded nvidia driver or something ? This is weird .... Is there anything I could do here to help you ?

We need to know if the internal display work without any change in the system, and yes the internal display is detected with the right EDID but for some reason you only get a black screen. Please boot with a clean OS X usb installation using the last DSDT and GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag.

We need to know if the internal display work without any change in the system, and yes the internal display is detected with the right EDID but for some reason you only get a black screen. Please boot with a clean OS X usb installation using the last DSDT and GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag.

I have to put the DSDT inside the usb installation ? Or just boot with the usb installation, select the hard drive mac installation ?

No, i just want to know if the internal display works, i mean with QE/CI

I put the dsdt inside extra on usb installer and the same thing happened..

It's really detecting the internal monitor... It makes a big blink like it is transfering images from the geforce to the monitor...but then it fails in some way :/

Try with this boot.plist

What is the native resolution of the internal display?

The same man.. the native resolution of the internal display is 1600x900 ... it is its max resolution.

new Extra folder :P

attachicon.gifExtra.zip

Thanks for helping me man!... Should I replace the actual Extra folder ?... also... should I use custom DSDT that jl4c sent me before ?

yes, replace the Extra and test with no DSDT first, then reboot and and test with the DSDT too

I've tested both... NOT using DSDT the monitor turns off.. using DSDT from jlc4 the display turns on but shows only black screen :/

1.try  this kext NVEnabler64.kext, install with Kext Wizard/RepairPermissions/rebuildcaches/reboot

2. if no results, try install theses kexts from DP8Mav, backup yours NVDA kexts first

3. post result from this two comands

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

sudo kextstat -l > ~/Desktop/kextloading.txt

NVDA.zip

1.try  this kext NVEnabler64.kext, install with Kext Wizard/RepairPermissions/rebuildcaches/reboot

2. if no results, try install theses kexts from DP8Mav, backup yours NVDA kexts first

3. post result from this two comands

sudo kextstat -l > ~/Desktop/kextloading.txt

attachicon.gifNVDA.zip

Hi guys, I did what you said..

First... using nvenabler64.kext the laptop restarts before completing the boot. I don`t know but seems that something went wrong..hehe..

Second... I installed the kexts that you told me...

Results:

| | |   "_UID" = "0"

| | |   "_UID" = "255"

The other result of kextstat is attached !... thanks man !

kextloading.txt

OK, please dump your nvidia bios (vbios) using everest (windows) and upload here.

Ok... I'll dump the graphics card bios... I just need some time to do this cause I'm on the streets...

A while ago...I found this blog and the guy fixed this in linux... He had a vaio at that time and the same problem... seeing his configs maybe can help... I read and didn't understand what he did cause he used x11 configuration files and I find it is not possible in Mac os X.

http://www.jaredlog.com/?p=1148

Also...I found this on nvidia webpage about my graphics card.

1. The following Sony VAIO notebooks are included in the Verde notebook program: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not included (please contact Sony for driver support).

Do you guys know if this "Verde" program is screwing our support on mac os x ?