• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Aide

What is the best solution to backup my Yosemite Disk?

8 posts in this topic

Now that I have a fully working Yosemite Beta Hackintosh machine, can anyone tell me the best solution to backup my Yosemite Disk? (just in case I need to re-build)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply but is there anything that will clone everything, so that I don't have to worry about re-installing the bootloader?

Thanks in advance

I'm using paragon backup since it's free and saved my but more than once. The only downside is that you need windows first to create a bootable recovery usb from which you can boot every time you want and backup the entire HDD(bootloader included).

I'm using paragon backup since it's free and saved my but more than once. The only downside is that you need windows first to create a bootable recovery usb from which you can boot every time you want and backup the entire HDD(bootloader included).

Many Thanks but I haven't got Windows on my Internal it's just Yosemite...I have Windows on a separate machine 

just cloned ( with CCC ) my installation to a ssd and installed chameleon, not a big deal.

IMO cloning with boot loader works only on real macs 

greetings