Dell Wireless 1500 Draft N driver for MAC

orion23

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new to this mac thing and finally I was able to install MAC OSX 10.4.7 on my Inspiron e1505.

Everything works except for the sound (eventhough I have the Audigy sound) and the wireless card.

I have a Dell 1500 Draft N card manufactured by broadcom.

Is there any way to get this card working or recognized by OSX?

not really. it's too new... plus, the "draft n" cards are inferior products, not final release versions in terms of hardware or software.. and they may or may not be upgraded to final spec (scheduled sometime in late 2007) ...personally, i'd bet on them not being upgradable

draft n = teh suck

not really. it's too new... plus, the "draft n" cards are inferior products, not final release versions in terms of hardware or software.. and they may or may not be upgraded to final spec (scheduled sometime in late 2007) ...personally, i'd bet on them not being upgradable

draft n = teh suck

Draft N may suck "now", but it will catch up fast :gun: That dell 1500 also dose "b" and "g". I'm also looking for a solution to this card :thumbsdown_anim: And if were talking inferior "b" will soon be outdated. I have a NetGear WGU624 Double108 Router, and wireless "a" with 5Ghz is were it's at :2cents: A flat land test of the wireless "n" sent a signal over 2 miles at 54Mbps :D

key word flat. no hills,walls or any interference from cordless phones. it may be good but in an urban enviornment it wont go even half mile

not sure that i would want my wireless signal to go too far, more chance of someone hacking it. i'm happy with my dual a,b,g band router, it provides coverage for my entire house at full speed, and around my house where i need it at a decent speed. considering i just use it for my copmuter and xbox 360 upstairs, i really don't need something that broadcasts so far. i wonder if other people will follow that train of thought or if they'll dish out the money.

yea i go wireless with my 360 becuase i bridge my wireless connection to go through my laptop to my xbox so i use my laptops wireless card as my xbox's wireless card. saved me about a $100 and all i had to buy was a crossover cable. yea and people probably wouldnt put a key on the network so anybody could get in.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just got my self a E1505 with one of those N cards the 1500. After installing 10.4.8-jas-reseed . the first boot wireless worked, but now nothing. First boot it asked for SSID I put mine in and it worked the connection was there, now after 3000 reboots nothing anyone can help ?

now after 3000 reboots nothing anyone can help ?

yozh, there should be no problems with getting networking going, try a different kernel, only a couple of kernels gave me networking with both cores enabled and all new kernels gave me wireless since the beginning

Well now I have other problems. Once again I tried to reinstall 10.4.8 but this time and few times after this time all I get is zebra lines on the screen. I dont understand that at all. Im really thinking about giving up here as much as I dont want to. If anyone can help me that will be great :)

Zebra lines: sounds like you selected an extra video item during installation (or forgot one)

Wireless: open /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Find en0 and change it to en1. A few lines below that, find <integer>0</integer> and change that to a 1. Repair permissions and reboot. See if that fixes things.

Rammjet thank you very much the wireless works great now. Thank you so much....

The Zebra is a diffrent problem I put in the X1x00 pcie kext and the first time it worked, but now just zebra lines. So I think I just have to work out the X1400 problem, but thanks again for the wireless solution

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else had experience with the Dell Wireless 1500?

I was thinking of getting one. I have a Netgear Pre-N wifi router so I thought I may as well get full benefit.

Plus the card is just cdn$50 so what the hell.

• 3 years later...