Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yubo56

Hp dv7t-6c00 Installer Hang

1 post in this topic

hp dv7t-6c00 Specs:

2nd generation Intel® Core i5-2430M Processor (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) Turbo Boost to 3.0 GHz

1GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)

Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader

802.11b/g/n WLAN

6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

Tried both myHack with Mavericks

and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with Lion,

both hung on the same place

Problem:

I'm trying flags "-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler cpus=1" but I hang at "waiting for root device" on booting from the installer. Verbose output says something like "Version of IOUSBFamily version requested by GenericUSBXHCI.kext incompatible (5.0.0a1)" (sorry, this isn't verbatim, I don't have the exact output with me)

I tried looking at the Info.plist for the IOUSBFamily kext, and it said version 4.4.0, while GenericUSBXHCI requested 5.0.0a1; I've been unable to find another version online? I do not have an AHCI option in my BIOS.

Does anybody have any experience with my laptop? I don't mind if I can't use Mavericks, any OSX version will be plenty for me.

Sincerest thanks from one very confused noob,

yubo56

P.S. I'm a student still, and while I will try my best to test all suggestions promptly schoolwork does come first, so apologies in advance if I don't check up in a while!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77102#p77102

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By viramotao
      AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext MOJAVE.zip
      AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext SIERRA.zip
      In S/L/E replace the kext and run Kext Utillity. Rebot and enjoy DP!

• By End3rPower50
      Hi, i've installed on my pc MacOS Mojave but after installation my pc, sometimes, crash giving kernel panic.
      I came to the conclusion that it is a random kernel panic because sometimes it starting up and other times it isn't starting up

My PC:
      CPU: Intel i7 6500U
      LAN: RTL8100
      Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A
      USB 3.1

CLOVER.zip
    • By ciriousjoker
      TLDR:
      I'm trying to boot MacOS on a Chromebook without UEFI. I'm stuck at getting the bootloader (Chameleon/Clover) to work.  
      My setup / context:
      I have an Acer Chromebook Spin 13.
      Available ports:
      2 x USB-C 1 x USB-A 3.0 MicroSD Slot No USB A 2.0 (I've read that Clover has problems with USB 3.0) Firmware:
      There's no UEFI firmware available and by default, it doesn't even allow booting anything other than ChromeOS. Thanks to MrChromebox (big shoutouts!), I flashed a custom legacy bios that allows me to boot anything linux related. This bios is flashed into the RW_LEGACY section of the existing bootloader (coreboot afaik) and doesn't have any configuration options. If I have to change a setting, I could try compiling his bios payload myself with the specific setting enabled.  
      What I've tried so far:
      Chameleon attempts:
      Only selected setting was "Install chameleon on the chosen path", rest was unselected.

1 - Install chameleon first without restoring the basesystem:
      Output:
      > boot0: GPT
      > boot0: done
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE".

2 - Install Chameleon after restoring the base system:
      Output:
      > boot0: doneboot1: /boot       <- Exactly like that, no line break in between
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down)

I haven't been able to reproduce #2 after wiping the drive and doing the same thing again. Subsequent attempts have resulted in either #1 of either Chameleon or Clover.
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER".

Clover attempts:
      I tried multiple settings and configurations, but all of them boiled down to either one of these.

1 - Doesn't do anything, just hangs at "Booting from usb..."
      2 - Boots into the blue/grey mode as shown in the attached images.
      According to MrChromebox, this could be an old Tianocore DUET It doesn't detect anything (cpu frequency, ram, partitions or disks)  
      I've read pretty much every article, github readme and other types of documentation for coreboot, tianocore, clover, chameleon and MrChromebox' rw_legacy payloads and right now, I'm totally clueless as to what to try next...

A few questions that came up:
      Why does chameleon hang? What is it looking for, /boot was clearly written to the disk by the Chameleon installer? What exactly is the blue/grey image? According to MrChromebox, it could be Tianocore DUET Where does it come from? Clover? The mainboard itself? Why does the blue/grey thing not detect my processor frequency or any partitions/drives? Can I use some sort of DUET bootloader to chainload Clover?  
      If you guys could answer any of them or if you have any other guesses or information as to what's happening, I'd be really happy!
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE.txt
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER.txt

• By sennn
      Hi!

I just upgraded to a vega 64 (sapphire 8 gb reference edition) from my 980 ti, to run mojave and overall have better performance in macOS, however I'm running into problems.
      I managed to get dual monitor working with lilu and whatevergreen, and even managed to stop my fans from simulating a helicopter with vgtab, no matter what I setup in vgtab in terms of the higher p clocks, and power target (tried between 40% and 100%) as soon as I start valley or heaven my pc just shuts down. On windows i can run both of them without problem, so it's not a PSU issue as I originaly thought.

The only progress I managed to "make" was by using RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext which allowed me to run geekbench without crashing, but still crashes at valley/heaven.

I was mostly experimenting with just using the vgtab kext in kexts/other, initially I tried it with SSDT, and injecting it into the config.plist, but none of them seemed to make any difference, should I continue experimenting with those too or it should work as a kext too?

I attached my current EFI (I know it has 3 aptio fixes, my board is finicky with that, I'm also experimenting on that at the moment).
      Setup:
      msi x99a sli plus
      i7 5820k
      sapphire amd radeon vega 64 8 gb
      mojave 10.4.4

Anyone got any idea how can I make it run propely?

Thanks,
      sen
      EFI.zip