stretched screen on hackintosh.

maxell505

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I was going back and forth and receiving help from another user:  fusion71au. He helped me solve my problem that I was having with actually installing OSX, but now I have another problem. he suggested that I posted in this section of the forum. So my problem is that I cannot continue with the setup of OSX because my whole screen is stretched out and in the middle of my screen, there are some green and orange pixels while the rest of the screen is gray. fusion71au informed me that this happened because I have an i5 sandy bridge processor with intel hd 3000 integrated graphics. So he told me to extract my DSDT which I did successfully and than copy and paste a certain snippet of code that he found on another website. I did that but when I went to compile, I got some error messages and when I clicked fix errors, nothing happened. Right now, this is what my errors are:

post-1161338-0-20503600-1396132753_thumb.png

Please help me solve this problem where I left off. Thank you.

EDIT: Sorry! I forgot to attatch a copy of my DSDT! I just did.

Here's the link so you can download and view my dsdt because this website does not allow me to upload my dsdt:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6i8gugc9kdmgp5/acpi_dsdt.aml

For the benefit of others, the original topic was from here.  Start off from your native DSDT.aml where there were only 2 errors and fix them manually through DSDT Editor like I said in post #72.

You need to carefully read the links I have already provided - see artur-pt's post on enabling HD3000 requires "dual link" property to be inserted in your DSDT for resolutions greater than 1366x768.  To quote him "If you don't have any patch in dsdt, apply also DTGP".

Note: the first part of his post describes how to boot into Mavericks in non graphical "single user" mode to remove the Intel graphics kexts from /System/Library/Extensions to enable you to boot into Mavericks with VESA graphics.  You can do the same thing with transmac (make backup copy first with "copy to" command):

post-846696-0-91760900-1396183705_thumb.png

post-846696-0-61860100-1396183725_thumb.png

If you are unable to compile the DSDT without errors, please upload your native (unedited) DSDT.aml from AIDA64 in zip format for others to look at.....

For the benefit of others, the original topic was from here.

You need to carefully read the links I have already provided - see artur-pt's post on enabling HD3000 requires "dual link" property to be inserted in your DSDT for resolutions greater than 1366x768.  To quote him "If you don't have any patch in dsdt, apply also DTGP".

If you are unable to compile the DSDT without errors, please upload your native (unedited) DSDT.aml from AIDA64 in zip format for others to look at.....

Ok so I applied the dual link patch thing and the DTGP patch. But I still have errors. I am not able to "Save AML as..." because I cannot get past these errors. After applying the two patches and here are the errors:

post-1161338-0-12244500-1396134258_thumb.png

hello

there it is

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

dual link

usb

lpc

hdef layout 1

sbus

good hack

Does this include all of the patches and everything else for it to work?

For the benefit of others, the original topic was from here.  Start off from your native DSDT.aml where there were only 2 errors and fix them manually through DSDT Editor like I said in post #72.

Note: the first part of his post describes how to boot into Mavericks in non graphical "single user" mode to remove the Intel graphics kexts from /S/L/E to enable you to boot into Mavericks with VESA graphics.

ok so I cannot drag and drop the DSDT.aml file that artur-pt provided for some reason. It is not letting me. Am I doing this right? Sorry for these simple questions. I am just very new to this and I am surprised that I actually got this far. Here is the screenshot:

post-1161338-0-35086400-1396138348_thumb.png

You have the right idea but...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, google is your friend and you need to learn to use it more.  Search "transmac to write files to hfs" and you get results like this.  You need to use the transmac file manager window to copy over the file to the Mavericks partition (it doesn't support drag and drop from Windows Explorer).

Edit

Open transmac and have a look at the help menu...

post-846696-0-45308400-1396160764_thumb.png

From the quick start guide

Copying files from the PC to a Mac volume:

• Select a drive in the treeview pane and click on a Mac volume.
  • Browse to where files are to be copied.
  • Drag files from a File Explorer window or other drag source to the listview pane. (An alternate way is to right-click an open area in the listview pane and select "Copy here")

post-846696-0-78797700-1396181989_thumb.png

post-846696-0-28466600-1396182006_thumb.png

Alternatively, boot into Mavericks in single user mode and use terminal commands as described in Artur's linked post.

Does this include all of the patches and everything else for it to work?

hello

there it is

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

dual link

usb

lpc

hdef layout 1

sbus

good hack

artur just stated he patched your DSDT with the dual link patch so I guess the answer is..........YES!!!!! 

He kindly added some other useful patches for good measure.  Now copy his DSDT.aml, SMBIOS.plist for MBP 8,1 and a basic org.chameleon.boot.plist (attached inside "maxell505_Extra.zip") into the Mavericks /Extra folder & try booting with -v -f flags.

maxell505_Extra.zip

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, google is your friend and you need to learn to use it more.  Search "transmac to write files to hfs" and you get results like this.  You need to use the transmac file manager window to copy over the file to the Mavericks partition (it doesn't support drag and drop from Windows Explorer).

Alternatively, boot into Mavericks in single user mode and use terminal commands to copy DSDT.aml into the /Extra folder....google

"OSX single user mode" & "how to use OSX terminal commands to copy a file" before you ask here.....

artur just stated he patched your DSDT with the dual link patch so I guess the answer is..........YES!!!!! 

He kindly added some other useful patches for good measure.  Now you will need to make sure the SMBIOS.plist in /Extra is for MBP 8,1, boot your machine and cross your fingers/pray to the hackintosh gods :D.

Sorry I am just not good with terminal stuff so I decided to go the transmac way. The only problem is that when I click on my hard drive with the Windows and Mac partition on it, it only shows the Mac one. I cannot access the Windows one at all. Please help.

post-1161338-0-51876900-1396145706_thumb.png

EDIT: I cannot find anything on google.

hello

what are u doing ?

to install mac os x or first boot u don't need dsdt..

i full patched urs dsdt to use it with system.. what is that transmac to copy the dsdt ?

move the video kext ... boot 

how to

Intel HD 3000

then make the necessary with dsdt

smbios

after install again the moved kext

About power management (SpeedStep, sleep)

Post install

i think u making the easy.. problematic

good hack

hello

what are u doing ?

i full patched urs dsdt to use it with system.. what is that transmac to copy the dsdt ?

how to

Intel HD 3000

smbios

Post install

good hack

I just do not understand how to copy the dsdt.aml file onto the /extra folder on the Mac osx partition on my computer

Can I use this?

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/

hello

what are u doing ?

how to

Intel HD 3000

smbios

Post install

good hack

Edit

Open transmac and have a look at the help menu...

attachicon.giftransmac0.png

From the quick start guide

Copying files from the PC to a Mac volume:

• Select a drive in the treeview pane and click on a Mac volume.
  • Browse to where files are to be copied.
  • Drag files from a File Explorer window or other drag source to the listview pane. (An alternate way is to right-click an open area in the listview pane and select "Copy here")

attachicon.giftransmac1.png

attachicon.giftransmac2.png

Alternatively, boot into Mavericks in single user mode and use terminal commands as described in Artur's linked post.

He kindly added some other useful patches for good measure.  Now copy his DSDT.aml, SMBIOS.plist for MBP 8,1 and a basic org.chameleon.boot.plist (attached inside "maxell505_Extra.zip") into the Mavericks /Extra folder & try booting with -v -f flags.

I am happy to announce that  I have successfully installed Mac OSX Mavericks on my PC with the help of fusion71au, artur-pt, and many others that have helped with some things. The only thing is that OSX cannot detect the wifi card in my laptop and my trackpad does not complete multi-touch gestures and my webcam is not supported. Can all of this hardware be functional in OSX using kexts? Plus sometimes when I go to click on something, the part where I am clicking on glitches and changes color just for a second, but than it changes back to normal. Since I am not allowed to use mul.ti.beast to get support on this website, what can I use to install kexts that people will help me with if I need help. Thank you for everybody's support.  

EDIT: My sound works, but I am not able to control it with the volume keys on my keyboard.

EDIT: HERE ARE THE SPECS FOR MY HP DM4-3099SE LAPTOP:

Computer Type : Laptop 

Model : HP dm4 series (dm4-3099se) 

Item # : 26035 

Product Code : LAP-HP-1210 

Processor : Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50Ghz 

Mainboard : HP 1793 

Chipset : Intel Sandy Bridge 

Processor Socket Type : Socket 1155 LGA 

Memory : 6144MB 

Hard Drive 1 : 640GB 

Hard Drive 2 : None

Video Card + Video card Memory : Intel® HD Graphics Family -1274 MB 

Optical Drive : DVDRW (DVD Burner) 

Wired Network Card : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 

Wireless Network Card : Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 

Sound Card : Hewlett-Packard Company Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller 

Screen size : 14 inches 

Bluetooth : Yes 

Fingerprint Reader : Yes 

Webcam : Yes 

Battery Capacity : LIon 42280 mWh 

Color : Black 

Additional Info : Beats Audio 

Hooray!  Congratulations on completing your install :).

Read carefully the post install section of the Noobs guide and also watch the video on how to get hardware IDs from AIDA64 (Windows) or System Info.app (OSX).  Once you have the hardware name & ID, use Olarila's hardware database or google "OSX+hardware name+hardware ID+kext" to see if there is a kext for it.  You have to remember that you have a hackintosh - not all your hardware will be supported so there maybe no kext or only a partially working kext.  Not all your devices will work 100%, sleep/shutdown may or may not work.

Intel wifi has never been supported in OSX so you will need to replace with a compatible wifi card.

For trackpad, have a look at Rehabman's repo for VoodooPS2 kexts.

Once you have found the correct kexts, install them with kext wizard or kext utility.  You can tweak your bootloader, org.chameleon.boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist with chameleon wizard.  I would recommend against using "all in one" kext installers such as Mxxxbeast because

• they encourage laziness
  • they can brick your install if you don't know what you are doing and install the wrong kext (a common noob mistake is to install too many kexts or kexts not applicable to their system)

Look at power management (SpeedStep, sleep) and power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs to enable native speed step on your machine and get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Ultimately, it will be up to you to research and fine tune your install as best as you can.  We can point you in the right direction but we don't have your exact hardware and YOU are in the driver's seat.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Hooray!  Congratulations on completing your install :).

Read carefully the post install section of the Noobs guide and also watch the video on how to get hardware IDs from AIDA64 (Windows) or System Info.app (OSX).  Once you have the hardware name & ID, use Olarila's hardware database or google "OSX+hardware name+hardware ID+kext" to see if there is a kext for it.  You have to remember that you have a hackintosh - not all your hardware will be supported so there maybe no kext or only a partially working kext.  Not all your devices will work 100%, sleep/shutdown may or may not work.

Intel wifi has never been supported in OSX so you will need to replace with a compatible wifi card.

For trackpad, have a look at Rehabman's repo for VoodooPS2 kexts.

Once you have found the correct kexts, install them with kext wizard or kext utility.  You can tweak your bootloader, org.chameleon.boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist with chameleon wizard.  I would recommend against using "all in one" kext installers such as Mxxxbeast because

• they encourage laziness
  • they can brick your install if you don't know what you are doing and install the wrong kext (a common noob mistake is to install too many kexts or kexts not applicale to their system)

Look at power management (SpeedStep, sleep) and power management for Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPUs to enable native speed step on your machine and get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Ultimately, it will be up to you to research and fine tune your install as best as you can.  We can point you in the right direction but we don't have your exact hardware and YOU are in the driver's seat.

Good Luck!

Thank you. I just had one more question. I don't know if a kext would be able to solve this, but I am having this problem where things are just glitching if I hover over them with my cursor or if I select them and try to move them. I have attached a picture of an example of it.

post-1161338-0-39563200-1396218392_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Also I installed many kexts using Mxxxxbeast and I want ot get rid of them so I can do a fresh install. I also installed many through kext wizard. How can I remove all of the kexts I have installed so I can start fresh

Unfortunately, you will probably have to live with the occasional graphical glitch in OSX (google "OSX HD3000 graphical glitches").  I don't think I have seen any reliable solution for Intel HD 3000 beyond artur-pt's guide.

Re uninstalling kexts

I would strongly recommend you backup/clone your working Mavericks install onto an external USB hard drive first before you do any further tinkering - better to be safe than sorry...

To find out which third party kexts you have installed and loaded, click the Apple menu--->About This Mac--->More Info--->System Report---->Extensions

post-846696-0-67463300-1396228534_thumb.png

post-846696-0-18707000-1396228569_thumb.png

You can delete individual kexts in S/L/E using Finder but make a backup somewhere first.  The non apple kexts are usually unsigned and it is usually OK to delete the ones that are not loaded.  Google the name of the kext to find out its purpose before finally hitting the delete button!  Also make sure not to delete FakeSMC.kext (it is the only mandatory kext for hackintoshes).

Edit

Thank you so much for all of your help. I will first erase all of the kexts and than I will start over by individually installing kext for everything that I need them for. Thank you so much for your help. Can I just post on this topic so you could help me if I need any further assistance?

You're welcome :).

Sure, you can post further questions here and I'll help you if I can. 

Don't forget, however, that I don't have your hardware and I am certainly not an expert in all areas hackintosh...so ask questions in the relevant section of the forum (after searching the forums for similar topics, doing your own research and consulting Prof Google first ...... :D)

Unfortunately, you will probably have to live with the occasional graphical glitch in OSX (google "OSX HD3000 graphical glitches").  I don't think I have seen any reliable solution beyond artur-pt's guide.

Re uninstalling kexts

I would strongly recommend you backup/clone your working Mavericks install onto an external USB hard drive first before you do any further tinkering - better to be safe than sorry...

To find out which third party kexts you have installed and loaded, click the Apple menu--->About This Mac--->More Info--->System Report---->Extensions

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-31 at 11.48.26 am.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-31 at 11.52.07 am.png

You can delete individual kexts in S/L/E using Finder but make a backup somewhere first.  The non apple kexts are usually unsigned and it is usually OK to delete the ones that are not loaded.  Make sure not to delete FakeSMC.kext (it is the only mandatory kext for hackintoshes).

Thank you so much for all of your help. I will first erase all of the kexts and than I will start over by individually installing kext for everything that I need them for. Thank you so much for your help. Can I just post on this topic so you could help me if I need any further assistance?