InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maxxi6910

Mavericks not shutting down completely

Hey guys,

since I cannot find a solution to my problem anywhere, I think it is time once again to start a thread and ask you.

As the title says, Mavericks won't shut down completely. It just gets to the point where my screens have turned off, but fans, blu-ray drive, etc. are still running, forcing me to manually hit the power button for 4 seconds.

Interestingly restart works just fine (restart fix is applied, but I think it would even work without).

Also my shutdown log is apparently ok.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Lukas

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gamender
      Can not get the system to shutdown correctly, screen will go black but the fans keep running and power light stays on. Same happens when I attempt to sleep.
      Any Help would be appreciated.

• By Slice
      Laptop battery monitoring

Using this driver you have to exclude other battery drivers: ACPIBatteryManager, AppleSmartBattery and so on.
      This driver assumes to using HWSensors3 with FakeSMC 3.5 as being part of it.

Updated version of VoodooBatterySMC will get extended battery information and so it will be more exact.
      VoodooBatterySMC.kext.zip

Updated HWMonitorSMC by vector-sigma
      HWMonitorSMC.app.zip

HWMonitor2 by vector-sigma
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/files/latest/download
    • By zeg66
      Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 
      Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?
    • By zeg66
      Could you please help me enable the VGA port on the GT710 in 10.9.5 13F34 ? 
      It is currently booting fine through its HDMI port, web driver 334.0103f01 and config.plist arguments checked: Verbose (-v), npci=0x2000, dart=0, nvda_drv=1
      The nvidia GT710 works fine through its VGA port and web drivers on a friend's Mac Pro 3,1
      I must soon return this borrowed HDMI monitor, mine only has a VGA port so I'd appreciate your input.
    • By zeg66
      Have managed to boot into Finder without a usb but cannot see the outside world. Could you please help me to enable Marvell 80E8056 ethernet access on 10.9.5 13F34 ?