Mavericks on a HP Sleekbook b-040sl

Best_Cow

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

First of all: Sorry for my english.

I decided to install Mavericks on my notebook, HP Sleekbook b040sl.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3317U

Chipset: HM77 Express

Graphics: Nvidia GT 630M (That can't work), Intel HD 4000

WLAN: Qualcomm atheros ar9485

Touchpad: Synaptics

I've upgraded RAM from 4 to 8GB.

More specs at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=it&lc=it&dlc=it&tmp_geoLoc=true&docname=c03565612

I want to install OS X 1.9 on a 30GB MBR partition on my original HDD with W8.1 with a bootloader.

I am reading guides, googling, but I want to know the best guide for installing OSX and I think that is the all-in-one in tutorials section.

I know that Nvidia won't work. Another question: is there any kext or others methods to make ar9485 work?

Thank you guys.

I've a virtualized iAtkos ML with VMWARE for doing mac things.

UPDATE:  i am able to boot the osx installer with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x2000 after deleting all kext Intel* NVDA* ATI* AMD*, for creating the installer i used the guide in tutorials section, but i have patched the 10.9.1 (not 10.9.2 because i prefer update the OS later than redownload 5GB, I've only a 5Mbits Internet) for working with MBR, but, here comes a problem: the installer doesn't recognize the integrated HDD, I know that I have to set my HDD in AHCI mode, but in the bios insydeh20 bios F.05 rev 3.7, I know that is a locked BIOS but there is a method for unlocking that? I know that other notebooks have this BIOS on, is there someone that have unlocked this and going on with the installation?

another question, GParted is good to create a 30GB partition without formatting my existing W8.1 Installation?

Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...