InsanelyMac Forum

I am trying to install Mavericks (Niresh) on VirtualBox.  My computer is HP Envy TouchSmart 17-j043cl laptop (Haswell i7-4700mq + Intel HD4600).  I get following message and installation is stopped:

*** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I tried combinations of -v, -x, -f, CPUs=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, npci=0x2000, etc. but no success.

Some people say it's not a Bluetooth issue; it's a graphics issue.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

post-779999-0-07268500-1393716612_thumb.png

Advertisement

try this combo: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0

if it doesn't work, then you will have to remove all video kexts...

It could be due to locked msrs in the mach kernel, but I'm not sure if that effects virtual box like it does on real installs. Try running Niresh with just this...

xpcm-free

See if that command works. Niresh mavericks includes the xpcm free mach kernel if you tell it to use that. You just have to remember you won't have power management until you patch the mach_kernel properly, or alternatively use a patched aicpupm.kext. I recommend the former. More info can be found at "racerrehabman.wordpress.com"

It might be a Haswell issue.  I tried and tried...finally gave up attempting to make it happen on VirtualBox.  I switched to VMWare and it worked fine (I had to patch VMWare Player, though).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ivanagui2
      VMQemuVGA display adapter driver for OSx86 running as a VirtualBox guest. The binary should work on all OSs from Snow Leopard up to Yosemite 10.10. It allows to set different screen resolutions in VirtualBox from System Preferences.   The changes I've made to the fork have been minimal.
      GitHub project page Binary and source releases Special thanks:
      PureDarwin
      probonopd
      rafirafi
      Zenith432
      VMware, Inc

• By M3G4DR01D
      Hello everyone, I have an Asus gl502vmk (i7 kabylake + GTX 1060 6 gb) laptop and I tried all the patches/kexts to get the brightness with fn keys/touchpad (I2C ELAN 1200 works with VooDoo I2C kext v1.0 but no gestures/preference pane)/Keyboard backlight to work but no success so far, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
      [EDIT] (10/04/2018)
      Battery status now works, thanks to @RehabMan turned out to be incorrect SMBIOS (used iMac instead of Mbp) lol, but it drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours while on standby (all apps quited!), on windows 10 it lasts 4 - 5 hours, and on linux it lasts 6 ~ 7 hours!)
      And with VoodooI2C v2.0.1 + VoodooI2CHID kext and patched DSDT, the touchpad is now detected in the sys pref pane but still no input.
      Sound works with VoodooHDA v2.9.1, but the only issue is that the jack sense isn't working (the output device doesn't auto switch to headphone when connected)

[EDIT 2] (11/04/2018)
      The system brightness now works thanks to @onejay09 but I have no brightness slider, and there are 4 extra brightness levels (brightness stops increasing after 12 levels)  and the brightness keys are not mapped correctly, plus the brightness decreases when I plug in the ac adapter, then increases if I unplug it???, the brightness level isn't also saved after reboot.
      battery still drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours, even with brightness at 50%, so apparently it is a power management issue).
      and I also have shutdowns while in sleep mode (I tried darkwake=10 and darkwake-0 and darkwake=no)

P.S. I have uploaded my new report files, thanks!

Latest report files (11/04/2018): https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/AMOpP0AY/file.html
    • By oliveiro
      Hi community !
      Is anybody successful with 10.13.x and multiple GPUs on a desktop hack ?
      My main rig (see in signature) HD4600 + GTX550Ti + GTX560 is working perfectly under 10.11.6 and 10.12.6.
      Very simple to install, Intel IGPU set to active and primary in bios, inject intel and igplatformid in bootloader (enoch or clover), no nividia injection, since Fermi GPUs are natively supported. Smbios set to iMac14.2 for my Haswell CPU, and to avoid AppleGraphicsDeviceControl devices unloading.
      But from 10.13.0 to 10.13.3, system boots fine until login screen where WindowServer crashes with a "no MTLDevice" error (MeTaL device I guess). I could workaround that error by unloading nvidia devices in AppleGraphicsDeviceControl, but that kind of defeats the purpose, since only the IntelHD4600 can then be used.
      10.13.4 brings a little improvement, desktop can be reached, all 3 gpus active (AppleDisplay instances appear in IORegistryExplorer for Intel and Nvidias) but only Intel HDMI output shows desktop correctly, both nvidias (HDMI or DVI output) only show a black desktop where the mouse pointer can be moved normally. Displays can be arranged, orientation and resolution can be changed, as if everything was fine, but it is not.
      Console shows the following repeated messages :
           WindowServer (Skylight) : Unable to composite display surface due to null compositor.
           WindowServer (CoreDisplay) : [ERROR] - Attempting to get capabilities from capabilities with no devices
      Does anybody have an idea on how to avoid or workaround these errors ?
      Thanks !
      O.
      Things I've tried:
      Bios Graphic Devices order changes (breaks everything unless IGPU is primary) nvidia injection in bootloader (fails in enoch, disables secondary nvidia GPU outputs in clover) Smbios changes and/or AppleDeviceControlPolicy plist edits (simply enables or disables nvidia outputs) nvidia official or web drivers (no changes at all, even though webdrivers are properly loaded ; requires nvram emulation with enoch) enoch or clover (no difference except clover boots a bit faster - than enoch with nvram - thanks to proper UEFI boot I guess) lilu intel and/or nvidia and/or coredisplay graphicsfixups (no visible changes but graphics devices names, and thus enables or disables AGPM) use binaries from Sierra 10.12.6 for CoreDisplay and/or Skylight frameworks (never reached desktop) NVIDIAeGPUSupport (no changes)
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Salve, sto ancora tentando di far funzionare il mio lettore di schede SD, macos lo riconosce in resoconto di sistema ma non funziona, in firma c'è il modello esatto e gli id che ottengo da resoconto di sistema, ho provato a seguire varie guide e oggi ho trovato questa che sembrerebbe aver funzionato a questo utente: 
      Secondo voi è una buona idea eliminare un kext di sistema? E poi questi kext di cui parla dove gli trovo? Grazie a tutti
    • By bob.farm3366
      Hi all,

I'm new on this forum but I have some experience installing hackintosh infact I have a hackintosh running El Capitan. I started installing high sierra on my laptop but i encountered some issues. The installer wan't start.
      I attach the EFI partition with logs so that someone could help me.

thanks
      clove_high_sierra_bobfarm.zip