acer aspire m5630 dsdt help

tbelcher

5 posts in this topic

Hello and thanks in advance for your help.. 

I recently installed 10.8.5 on an old Acer Aspire m5630 pc (Gigabyte/Acer EG31m motherboard upgraded to a Quad Core Xeon CPU). The install went smoothly but I'm not able to get any sound or usb 2 speeds. After searching the inter webs, I have not been able to fix either of these issues.  I've attached my DSDT in hopes that someone can take a look and let me know if it good or not. 

I should mention that I've tried deleting AppleHPET and some other fixes that I've read on other hackintosh sites but none of them have helped with the USB issue.

I was able to get audio working via VooDoo, but I found the volume was fluctuating during songs and am hoping to find a better solution.

Again, thanks for any suggestions and please let me know if there's other information that would help to diagnose these issues.

Tim

DSDT.aml.zip

thanks iFire.

Ive tried this dsdt and it did make my pci usb card show up as USB 2.0 but the builtin ports are still only USB 1 speeds. is there any patch i can try to enable them?

also the audio still doesn't work. any ideas?

thanks 

tim

I should mention that I've tried deleting AppleHPET and some other fixes that I've read on other hackintosh sites but none of them have helped with the USB issue.  ?????

this not true, try install other version of voodoohda.kext have a lot of versions, about the speed for the USB ports I don't know any soluction, you can try IOUSBFamily.kext rollback from 10.6 to test if work better, OR TRY INSTALL maverick