IvyBridge XCPM pstate table mismatch error (was: IvyBridge SSDT graphical glitches)

Hackmodford

59 posts in this topic

Well, my Fusion drive failed again. I'm going to pure ssd and a data drive. Will be gone for a few hours

Update: I'm back. no more fusion drive :(

Update 2: I was able to confirm what I said earlier.

If I don't have -xcpm boot flag I do not get power management.

If I have the -xcpm boot flag without using a SSDT I do get power management but with the errors from my original post.

If I have the -xcpm boot flag with my modified SSDT I get power management with no errors.

However my time machine backups fail with this message.

2/4/14 9:20:39.842 PM com.apple.backupd[996]: Not starting automatic Time Machine backup: High system thermal level.
2/4/14 9:20:39.868 PM com.apple.backupd[996]: Backup failed with error 102: 102

Anyone got any ideas? It seems to be related to the SSDT

Update: Reran with version 9.1 of the script and get these messages in the log.

2/4/14 9:31:54.000 PM kernel[0]: XCPM: registered
2/4/14 9:31:55.000 PM kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode2/4/14 9:31:55.000 PM kernel[0]: XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x12)
2/4/14 9:31:55.000 PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x12

Are there any specific things I should do before running the script? Like not using a custom ssdt?

UPDATE 2: I can confirm time machine works again :/

I don't know anything about Clover. I know those are supposed to be disabled when using Chameleon and SSDT from Pike's script.

ssdtPRGen.sh v9.1 run with i5-3570K 4100 - now I have no turbo!

CPU is running full tilt on all cores while compiling with -j5 switch, but it's stuck at 3.6GHz:

attachicon.gif3.60GHz.png

XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x12)
X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x12
X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send PStates
X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

So I tried something else, booting with

-xcpm kernel flag, GenerateCStates and PStates=y, DropSSDT=y and my three original, unmodified  SSDTs in /Extra. Same thing :rofl: still doesn't go higher than 3.60 GHz. But;

XCPM: registered
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I guess because of missing "plugin-type".

All Core Turbo is 3.5Ghz for your CPU. It's 3.8 with 1, 3.7 with 2, 3.6, with 3, and finally, 3.5Ghz when all 4 cores are in use.

• 7 months later...