No audio on Asus P5Q-EM - ALC1200 - AppleHDA.kext

ads103

56 posts in this topic

I keep an Ubuntu live flash drive handy for times like these. My coded dump is attached, along with my bdmesg. :)

I'm using Chimera from tonymacx86. It's the easiest bootloader for me to install, since all I have to do is double-click [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and let it go. I tried Chameleon 2.1 once on this install, but my computer rebooted as soon as Darwin started to execute. It threw the computer into an infinite reboot loop.

I don't inject any kexts from the /Extra folder. All my kexts are in /s/l/e.

CodecDumpAndBdmesg.zip

tonym? ¡Ay, caramba! que horror!   :shock:

if you want to use "his" software tools , by all means.  you are free to do so.  however, i will not be able to help you.  

seriously, if you want to install Mavericks i strongly suggest to follow this guide.   if you do that, then people (from this forum) will be more inclined to help you out.

• Like 2

Wow, what a reaction.

Considering the folks from his forum weren't nearly as willing to help me with this issue (my post was simply deleted) as you guys were, I think a switch is in order. I'm going to wipe my hard drive and reload Mavericks with that guide in about 4 hours - got some irl stuff to take care of. :)

I'll keep y'all informed once the wipe and reload is done!

Edit: Just out of curiosity, though... Why does what bootloader I use matter? What's the difference between Chameleon and Chimera? I thought that Chimera was based on Chameleon.

Chimera is using some other standard values, to get TM suggested hardware proper to work. Try to find support for Asus there. You will nearly find nothing.

This values of chim... are later conflicting with the post installation.  ( for example: audio, if you want to have it, without voodoo and kp)

Have fun.

PS: I am sure, there is no harm meant. You should just use the tools, which are here provided to get better an easier support.

Well, guys, I don't know what to tell y'all. I finally got around to my fresh install. I used the Chameleon bootloader this time instead of Chimera. I just put my dsdt back in, installed the patched AppleHDA, rebooted....

I'm still not getting any devices in Audio.

I've just about had enough of this. It seems my best bet's going to be purchasing some speakers that use a USB port.

@ads103

Try this.

Note: You must change the Layout to 4 in the DSDT patch HDEF.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0c)
                    {                        
                        "built-in", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x00
                        }, 
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                       "PinConfigurations", 
                       Buffer (0x00)
                       {
                           0x00
                       }
                    }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

@Mirone

I edited my DSDT using your provided code, and installed your kext. The kext loads - I saw it spit out some "audio assertion" messages while booting in verbose mode.

No change. Audio still doesn't work. In System Information -> Audio, "Intel High Definition Audio" shows up as "Audio ID: 4" yet there are still no output devices in System Prefs -> Sound nor in Audio Midi Setup. 

Something has changed!

Now in System Information -> Audio, when I click "Intel High Definition Audio," there are 5 "line output" options!

There are still no output devices in System Preferences nor Audio Midi Setup. I put a screenshot in the attached zip file. 

Although I don't understand what you're doing, it seems to be a step in the right direction. Could you explain what changes have been made? 

Archive 2.zip

I removed the HDAEnabler that I'd previously put in Chameleon, and rebooted. 

Nothing has changed. I still see those "line output" devices in System Information, but still no output or input devices in System Preferences or Audio Midi Manager. 

I have posted how I got ALC 262 working on snow,leo, ML and Mav.

Get the Taragu hda patcher from downloads > its in the ALC262 pack.

copy the Taragu patcher to a folder , copy your codec to the folder and drag the codec over the patcher.

then install your HDAkext alc1200. with kext utility

run permission repair and reboot.

I would use flags -F -f -v