Integrated Sound (ALC892) not detected/not working

Chasy86

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Mavericks (fresh install actually) and everything is working perfectly fine except for my sound. The only option I have for sound output is my AppleTV.

I've tried Toleda's method (.kext solution), but I'm afraid I've messed it up since I don't fully understand the guide. Basically I downloaded the files needed for ALC892 and ran the patch script, but no success.

I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction of reverting (if needed) the changes I made and instructing me how to get it working.

Full systems specifications found in my signature.

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Mavericks (fresh install actually) and everything is working perfectly fine except for my sound. The only option I have for sound output is my AppleTV.

I've tried Toleda's method (.kext solution), but I'm afraid I've messed it up since I don't fully understand the guide. Basically I downloaded the files needed for ALC892 and ran the patch script, but no success.

I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction of reverting (if needed) the changes I made and instructing me how to get it working.

Full systems specifications found in my signature.

What bios version do u use?

Rebooted using your DSDT in /Extra, no change unfortunately. Do I have to use this DSDT in combination with something else?

I made sure I did not have a hdainjector.kext, but I do have a modified AppleHDA.kext. Should I use the original one?

Edit: Just tried rebooting using the original AppleHDA.kext, no change.