Anti-DRM Protests around the Globe, 1st target, Apple iPOD

retroz

4 posts in this topic

Apple's DRM is one of the more fair ones out there. While I think there should be more wiggle room (like allowing it on more computers as opposed to unlimited iPods), I think it's one of the better DRM's.

That being said, they can protest it all they want, but so long as people continue to steal/pirate/copy music and software, it will still exist. Consumers can no longer be trusted.

well the music drm i have no issues with. The fact that i can burn and re-rip the tracks and remove the drm makes this extremely fair. And yes, DRM is needed because consumers cannot be trusted. How many people that download music do it legally? Still not as many as do it illegally. I have no issues with the iTunes Music DRM because it really does let you "own" what you've purchased.

Not so for the TV shows and movies. I can't even burn them to dvd! I spend 15$ on a movie that i can't yet watch on my tv. I have to run out and buy an iTV IN JANUARY in order to view them in my living room! I think this is absurd and flat out stupid. I'll continue to rip dvds with handbrake and convert them for my iPod in iTunes.

-Urby

as much as i hate to say this, as much as i hate apple, as much as i hate drm, apple is quite lenient, look @ the zune.... :-p and thats coming from a somewhat s$ fanboy :'( it drm's everything when u add it to the player :-p