DSDT Compile errors - Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H GTX 660

danz207

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

So i'm trying to get HDMI audio working via my GTX 660 but the guide requires a DSDT with no compile errors, but I have a lot.

I'm just going to come out an say it, I am a hackintosh noob. I don't know anything about DSDT's, SSDT's, kernels, .kexts, .plists or anything!

I set up my computer via this guide; http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291208-haswell-success-ga-z87m-d3h-gtx-670/

I boot using "-f GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0', In my S/L/E i have added 'FakeSMC.kext' & 'AppleIntelE1000e,kext' (for Intel i217 ethernet).

My SMBIOS is 'iMac13,2' (switching to 14,1/14,2 when available as system is Haswell) and I extracted my DSDT using 'ChameleonWizard'.

I've tried DSDT Editor, MacIASL and others, but still errors. I understand that I have to patch something but I dont know what to patch and with what.

Doing a fresh install of Mavericks tomorrow, will post picture of error window. And clicking 'Fix Errors' does absolutely nothing!

Intel i5-4430 Haswell

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB OC

I am new to this so please give easy instructions, preferably with pictures :thumbsup_anim:  

Thanks, Danz207

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please post a DSDT extract and a IOreg:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/extract-your-own-dsdt/

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/how-to-use-ioreg/

And I will take a look. Also please list the BIOS version that is installed on your motherboard

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I have archived and attached the two files you asked for and my BIOS version is 'F5', the latest available for my motherboard.

Thank you

Danz207.zip

Try this

attachicon.gifdsdt.aml.zip

Thank you for the file, when I open it in DSDT Editor and try to compile it I only get 4 warnings and 2 remarks, way down from the 100+ previous warnings, and it's lets me compile it so thank you!

May I ask how you fixed it? Just for reference :)

Thank you for the file, when I open it in DSDT Editor and try to compile it I only get 4 warnings and 2 remarks, way down from the 100+ previous warnings, and it's lets me compile it so thank you!

May I ask how you fixed it? Just for reference :)

MacIASL and a couple of patch repositories. Due to forum rules I cannot link you to the direct place that I got it.

Awesome, Now I have a GTX660 and want to enable HDMI audio but for the life of my cannot do it. Can you help me with that?

I patched the DSDT to work with your audio. There is a chance that I did it wrong. However, before we say that my DSDT doesn't work, why don't we try a few things?

You use Chameleon, yes? There is a boot flag you can try. Can you try to boot with EnableHDMIAudio=yes

I patched the DSDT to work with your audio. There is a chance that I did it wrong. However, before we say that my DSDT doesn't work, why don't we try a few things?

You use Chameleon, yes? There is a boot flag you can try. Can you try to boot with EnableHDMIAudio=yes

Actually I have to re-install because I ran some commands to enable audio and now it wont boot, and I just realised my monitor was muted, so i'll try after installation :)

IT WORKS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now it feels more like a real Mac ;)

Didn't end up needing Chameleon boot command. I had no idea that audio was added to my DSDT (sorry, i'm new to this), is there any other functionality that'll work now that wouldn't have with my (error filled) DSDT?

IT WORKS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now it feels more like a real Mac ;)

Didn't end up needing Chameleon boot command. I had no idea that audio was added to my DSDT (sorry, i'm new to this), is there any other functionality that'll work now that wouldn't have with my (error filled) DSDT?

All I did was add the HDMI audio part. Nothing else.