Qe Ci on Microsoft Surface Pro

JahStories

40 posts in this topic

Folks, 

i've been able to install 10.9Gm on my surface pro using clover r2165 as boot loader and installing NullCpuPM, fakesmc, genericusbxhci kexts.

BUT :) i can reach the desktop only in safe mode 

if i try to boot without the -x flag i get stuck'd in this screen

2ltol02.jpg

I think you must patch the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext or inject something via DSDT. I repeat, i don't know how the Surface works, but the issues you're experiencing reminds me of folks trying to run Mountain Lion with a monitor plugged in the VGA port of the HD4000. I also think this - the Surface running OSX - was posted about on InsanelyMac some time ago, so you better use the forum's search tool to see if you can find any useful info.

All the best!

Thanks, but i've been searching online and in the forum but i can't find nothing related patching the fb or injecting dsdt patches specifically for the surface pro not even for Mountain Lion :/ 

isn't around there any surface pro hackintosh folk like me on insanelymac?!? i can't belive it.

Are you using GraphicsInjector on Clover?

Patch the FB,

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00.{1}\x10\x07\x00\x00\x10\x07|\x00\x??\x10\x07\x00\x00\x10\x07|g' ~/Desktop/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

Change ?? to desired amount of VRAM,

10 = 256MB of RAM
18 = 384MB of RAM
20 = 512MB of RAM
30 = 768MB of RAM
40 = 1024MB of RAM

GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -f are chameleon's flags, i'm using clover and i'm injecting intel,  tried to patch the fb thx to shane but it always boots without accelleration or kext loaded i've tried injecting various platform id from clover but the only difference notificable is that with ids system see the card as a 7 mb card instead of 64 shared...

don´t check  all the box , look if work 

Edit: install lspci.kext, then repair permissions reboot, then this  from Terminal app

sudo dmesg  > ~/Desktop/boot.text

kextstat > ~/Desktop/kext.txt

ioreg -lw0 | grep AAPL,ig-platform-id > ~/Desktop/ig.text

sudo kextstat | grep -i AppleIntelHD > ~/Desktop/Intel.txt

nothing changed, but i've noticed errors like appleintelhd** have no info.plist

may the boot be too clean? X) there is nothing apart webcam, improper touch+ pen and touchcover (mice and keyboard) working.... no audio sleep graphics, nothing :/ will try voodoohda when i achieve qe ci

what can it be?

may it be related to the fact that i removed all ati amd geforce & nvidia kexts?

I still have all the intel graphics related kext on S/L/E

the first is the graphics, the rest have solution easy, can be that the kexts are corrupt or incomplete , try this in terminal app and save a secure place: lspci -nn

go to windows and extract all tables acpi with AIDA64

make a clean install only FakeSMC.kext and  NULLCPUP

boot with -s and mv the graphics kexts with this code

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir /kext_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*/kext_backup

rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

reboot

i'm on a clean install, i've ended 5 post ago to reformat, for now i can't access windows cause of boot sector error i've to reinstall windows... :/

and that lines of terminal code are what i did, i still have the amdatigenvda kext backed up, the only other kext apart fakesmc and nullcpupm i've installed is genericusbxhci...

i've reinstalled everything since i've tought there was some kind of error, i was in this same situation... may be the clover configuration it's wrong? dunno i'm a newbie of efi boot loaders