Help with Intel HD 2500 on GA-H61M-USB3H DP2

JCollins6695

9 posts in this topic

Well installed 10.9 via myHack, the installation went smooth but post-intall I'm forced to boot with -x.

I have resolutions in safe mode, and my GFX card is recoginized as the Intel 4000HD, but obviously I don't have QE/CI.

I've not swapped kexts or anything of that nature, the only changes I have made are:

System Definition change: Mac Mini 6,1
Device Properties in Boot Plist (Since been removed, made no difference)
Removed GraphicsEnabler Yes flag in Boot.plist as well, removing it didn't make a difference.
Inserted a Custom DSDT downloaded from another forum, didn't help nor hurt anything.
* I updated to DP2 via Apple Updater HOPING that would fix my issue, didn't help.

BIOS is set to 32m (Although I've tried 96 and 64 as well)
Celeron g1610
Dev/ven [0152:8086]

Aside from that everything has been left alone. I've attached a picture below that shows what I see when booting without safe mode.

Any ideas?

post-522304-0-40593500-1380272095_thumb.jpg

hello

so my advice to u .. buy a cheap discrete graphics card..

that intel is ugly card.. like all intelhd is a poor graphics card .. no solution for nothing.. intel is cpu no graphics..

good hack

Sounds rather foolish to ditch an integrated card so soon, that keep in mind is being recognized natively as far as resolutions and System Profiler are concerned. I mean if I wanted to take the easy route and just throw money at it, shouldn't I have just bought a mac in the first place?

Anyways, as if it this isn't a given, the problem is within the acceleration aspect of AppleIntelHD4000.kext by nullifying it I can boot reguarly, but I obviously don't have any acceleration. I attempted editing the info.plist and changing the codecs from Gen7 to Gen6 (Because I have a 6 series setup, and for some reason with fouled logic I was hoping it may work)... yet it didn't.

hello

buy a mac is a good idea.. 

and u don't have neither 3000 or 4000 or 5000

so u card is not compatible.. u know any mac with it ?

good hack

Okay, if my card doesn't have at least *potential to be supported, then why (by default, with factory kexts) is my ven/dev ID listed in the AppleIntel4k.kext, and why is my card semi-functional out of the box? I'm not getting into an argument over this, if any one is willing to attempt to help me, let me know.

Your card is supported, but it's very very hard to get it working, and it won't ever work with VGA - you need either DVI or HDMI. If you're trying this with VGA, you're wasting your time (and ours, meaning nobody will help you). Otherwise, take a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287668-guide-intel-hd2500-full-resolution-and-qeci-1083/

All the best!

• 3 months later...

JCollins, was just wondering how far you got with this. I have a G1610 and was planning on purchasing a GA-H61N but don't have room to install a PCIe card in my mini itx case. 

I would love to hear that QE/CI is working with the on-board HD2500.