Help with installation on Sony Vaio SVE14113ELW

Carmen123

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

I'm a newbie on all this concerning to Mac for Intel. Recently I succesfully installed iATKOS ML2 on a PC so I thought there was not issues with the installation on my laptop.

I'm installing from a DVD burned with TransMac 10.4. The OS X version: 10.8.2, the iAtkos ML2 version. When the laptop boots, the gray screen appears as normal, but if I press F8 or any key or even if I do nothing, the screen freezes and there's no more activity on disk. I've tried this several times, I checked the BIOS settings and still doesn't work. I used the same DVD on a PC and it works perfectly.

My laptop specs (provided by Sony):

Sony Vaio SVE14113ELW

Intel Core™ i3-2370M, 2.40GHz, Intel® HM76 Express Chipset

HDD 320GB 5400 RPM

6 GB DDR3 SDRAM -originally 2, I added 4-

Intel HD Graphics 3000

BIOS boot (no UEFI)

As a newbie, I don't know when and how to use the boot flags.

The goal is to have it working along Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

my advice to u is to use usb install

and take a good read here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

good hack

It's a good guide, but the only problem is that I don't have access to my Hackintosh-PC these days....

Google took me to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288795-guidecreating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only/

I followed the instructions, one by one, and the only error appearing.... "Still waiting for root device" and the screen stays with the message all the time. I googled it and some people say it's a BIOS problem, I don't know. My laptop's BIOS options don't list the SATA mode, so there's no way to check for "AHCI mode".

I'll try to use a VirtualBox installation in order to follow your guide. I'll update here if successfully done.