Carmen123

Help with installation on Sony Vaio SVE14113ELW

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

I'm a newbie on all this concerning to Mac for Intel. Recently I succesfully installed iATKOS ML2 on a PC so I thought there was not issues with the installation on my laptop.

I'm installing from a DVD burned with TransMac 10.4. The OS X version: 10.8.2, the iAtkos ML2 version. When the laptop boots, the gray screen appears as normal, but if I press F8 or any key or even if I do nothing, the screen freezes and there's no more activity on disk. I've tried this several times, I checked the BIOS settings and still doesn't work. I used the same DVD on a PC and it works perfectly.

My laptop specs (provided by Sony):

Sony Vaio SVE14113ELW

Intel Core™ i3-2370M, 2.40GHz, Intel® HM76 Express Chipset

HDD 320GB 5400 RPM

6 GB DDR3 SDRAM -originally 2, I added 4-

Intel HD Graphics 3000

BIOS boot (no UEFI)

As a newbie, I don't know when and how to use the boot flags.

The goal is to have it working along Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement

hello

my advice to u is to use usb install

and take a good read here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

good hack

It's a good guide, but the only problem is that I don't have access to my Hackintosh-PC these days....

Google took me to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288795-guidecreating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only/

I followed the instructions, one by one, and the only error appearing.... "Still waiting for root device" and the screen stays with the message all the time. I googled it and some people say it's a BIOS problem, I don't know. My laptop's BIOS options don't list the SATA mode, so there's no way to check for "AHCI mode".

I'll try to use a VirtualBox installation in order to follow your guide. I'll update here if successfully done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Onestyle
      THIS IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS
      Laptop : Sony Vaio- SVE1712W1EB

OSX version : 10.13 - High Sierra - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1

Motherboard : Intel HM76 Express
      DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

CPU : i7 - 3632QM (2.2Ghz- 3.2Ghz) :

Dedicated Graphics : AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2048MB 
      Full QE/CI and Resolution: 

Fix gradient issue with AMD Graphics the fast way :

Fix Brightness issue + brightness fn keys:

Fix sleep issue  and naming issue with AMD Graphics :

Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4000 (can't be enabled in bios,no option)

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Wifi : AR9485 : 

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Sound : Realtek ALC269 -VC1 : 

Battery: Works after patching : 

Built-in Camera :

OSX version : 10.12 - Sierra - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1
      DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4000 (can't be enabled in bios,no option)

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Built-in Camera :

OSX version : 10.11.6 - El Capitan - SMBIOS - MacBookPro9,1

DSDT FIX :

Show Fan RPM's : Updated,now working with Latest Istat Menus and HWMonitor 

Touchpad and Keyboard :

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller : Works out of the box

Built-in Camera :

UPDATED : October 9. 2016.
    • By nico3469
      Hey guys

Here is my little guide to install OSX 10.6.8 on the EeePC 1000H.

I'll quote some of the CicciMTS and scenemusic topics, thank you guys.

What is needed ?

A Asus EeePC 1000H
      A 8GB or more USB Pen drive
      An empty hard disk drive
      An other mac or hackintosh
      A USB mouse
      My package of tools, including the latest Apple OS X 10.6.8 Combo update

Restore and Boot from USB

On your mac/hack, go to Disk Utility, find your USB Pen drive, erase it with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled). Then, restore your iAtkos image on your USB pen drive.

Next, you need to make your USB drive Bootable. Find Chameleon in the tools Folder, open it and install it on your new Snow Leopard USB pen drive.

Installation

Boot into BIOS, if available, set the SATA mode to AHCI. If you can't it should work too so don't worry
      Select your USB Pen Drive and boot on it. Chameleon will appear, select your iAtkos install drive, and type -v to boot in verbose mode. After a moment, the OSX installer should appear. Trackpad will not work so plug in a usb mouse. Select your language and click next. on the top of the screen, find disk utilty, and erase your HDD with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled) options, and close Disk Utility. Click Next until the installer ask you on which drive you want to install OSX. Do not install it yet, click on Customize. Select the following options :

-BOOT
      ASEREBLN

-BOOT OPTIONS
      32BITS
      GRAPHICS ENABLERS
      ETHERNET BUILTIN
      USB (all)

-PATCHES
      CREAR EXTRA
      FAKESMC
      DISABLER
      RTC
      KERNEL ATOM
      EVOREBOOT
      SLEEPENABLER
      UUID

-DRIVERS SATA-IDE
      SATA/AHCI or INTEL SATA/IDE if you didn't enable AHCI in your bios

-SOUND
      VOODOHDA

-PS2
      VOODOOPS2 or APPLEPS2

-POWERMANAGER
      VOODOPOWER

-LAPTOP HARD
      BATTERY
      CARD READER
      THERMAL ACPI

-VGA
      INTEL
      EFI STRING
      GMA950 (all)

-WIFI
      Ralink RT2860

-WIRED
      ATLANSIC L1E

Click OK and install OSX on your HDD.

First Boot and update to 10.6.8

Remove your USB stick from your computer, Chameleon should appear, boot your new OSX installation with -v boot flag. Once you've created your account you should be on your desketop.
      Run the Combo Update installer but do not reboot!! Force Quit out of the installer (hold down the Option key and click and hold over the Installer icon in the Dock. Select Force Quit) and Run the Legacy Kernel installer and then reboot the machine.
      now you should see that your graphics driver doesn't work anymore. Run Kext Utility and let it repair the permissions and update the cache. when it says "all done" drag and drop all the graphics kext into kext utility, and when it says "all done", reboot your computer. Cross your fingers and reboot your computer. You should now have a fully working EeePC 1000H, with graphics, sound, wifi, USB, bluetooth and Ethernet Working with the lastest Snow Leopard update. You can have the latest security updates on your system with Software Update, it will not damage your installation.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. Fell free to ask questions if you need, thank you guys
    • By FMAranda
      Hi everyone!

I have a Sony Vaio Fit15E running macOS 10.12.5 with almost everything working. The only problem is that, when it wakes up from sleep (hibernatemode 3), the screen's backlight doesn't light up. In order to make it work, I have to close and open the lid one more time. After that, the backlight lights up just fine.

The backlight worked fine until Yosemite, if i recall. I've tried a zillion methods, including some old GMA950 topics about that issue and also messed with all those darkwake options.

I've attached my DSDT. It has the following patches: GFX0 -> IGPU, HDA Layout ID 3, Remapping Q8E and Q8F keys (for brightness keys) and Sony Vaio SVE Battery Patch.

For brightness, I'm using the new method with separate SSDT_PNLF.aml. Brightness slider works fine.

Also, I have the follwing kexts at Clover's other kext folder: ACPIBatteryManager.kext, CodecCommander.kext (HDA sound after sleep), FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext, USBInjectAll.kext (without these three, I can't get my built-in webcam and RT2870 usb wifi to work), FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

On System/Library/Extensions, I have: AppleHDA.kext (patched with HDA-Patcher) and RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.

As boot flags, I have: npci=0x2000, dart=0 and slide=100 (with this flag, hibernatemode 25 'full hibernate' works).

I'm really creating this topic because I don't know what else I can do. I have years of hackintosh (since Tiger, not on this same hardware, lol), but I can't find a solution for this particular issue.

Thanks you all.
      DSDT.aml.zip