You knew it was coming.. P8P67 Pro Install Guide...

^Andy^

59 posts in this topic

Oh ok. I've also tried iMac12,2 and Macpro3,1. Neither of which changed anything for me. Would changing my PCI slot help? I know the current one its in is PCI 2 x16 and i'll prob decrease performance, but would it help to try a different slot?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

just ran AICPUM and when i put

perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

it says permission denied???

Happy ive done the SSDT correctly with pikes script and rename in extra folder

• 3 months later...

Hi Andy and PimentelX86, 

Thanks for your kind guide and support. 

I am a newbie using P8P67pro with original bios (not patched). I installed using Andy method from 10.9 developer preview ( I cannot installed from 10.9.2 from APP store)

I cannot  boot from my installed partition ( I can still boot from my USB installer) and got kernel panic as in attached file.

Please help me. 

post-502885-0-75044300-1399413416_thumb.jpg

Hey, I am by no means an expert in installs but here is my 2 cents. Theres a decent chance you didn't properly repair permissions with the install or properly patch the appleintelcpupowermanagement (AICPM). With every install, there are certain files that must be repatched with each install (prior to rebooting) as the installer replaces those kexts that allowed your hackintosh to work. 

If I were you, I'd go online and read forums on how to install the 10.9.2. There I'd look to see if any recommended steps were skipped by simply using the app store installer. This could be as simple as you needed to repair permissions which can be accomplished in single user mode, or you may have to find a working kext for AICPM for your build. 

Worst case scenario, just do a clean install, get back to where you were and then follow instructions online for  updating. 

In the future, i recommend you use a hard drive cloner. You can google some different ones, but I use Carbon Copy Cloner which has an old version that is still free. Then before you do any major changes, run CCC onto a bootable partition. If the install goes bad which isn't uncommon, you can boot into your backup partition, use CCC to copy that back onto your main hard drive and 10 min later, you're back to where you were before the install. 

Also, I'm pretty sure having your bios patched to the recommended build is highly recommended and you should look into that. I believe its 2109 (as opposed to the latest which is in the 4000s)

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Tried a few times now to create the usb which went fine (tried on a 10.7 and 10.8 vmware).
But my P8P67 just refuses to boot from the usb at all. Tried the usb in a vmware to test and it boots fine from it.

Don't need a custom bios do you by chance? (currently running v3602)

• 2 months later...