You knew it was coming.. P8P67 Pro Install Guide...

^Andy^

59 posts in this topic

Hello

Why you want install NullCPUPM? it isn't allower native power management, and now we want native power management... to use native power management is necessary AICPUPM working(NullCPUPM disable AiCPUPM). Remove NullCPUPM

Did you patch AICPUPM like i recommend??? If you don't patch it, you gonna get KP

If you did this too. Post a image erro that you have gotten(that related to aicpupm)

• Like 1

Hello, when i got the error, I tried to install the nullcpupm kext to try to bypass the patched appleintel kext in hopes that it would let me back into the system. 

When i got the kernel panic, like a moron i didn't take a pic. the kernel panic did mention the appleintelcpu kext several times. I reinstalled maverick (hopefully there are no issues reinstalling again) but this time i cloned my harddrive onto my secondary drive so i don't lose progress. 

Heres exactly what I did and you can tell me if i missed anything.

I did use Andy's installer to install chameleon, and then installed chameleon wizard. Then I created an SSDT following your instructions (the second code worked better). I did get a warning that my cpu type was not recommended mine was 0x007 vs 0x006 or something. With the AICPUPM patching, i downloaded the patch and then simply copied each block of code and pasted each section of a couple lines into the terminal all at once. That seemed to work better than one line at a time. At that point i clicked DropSSDT in chameleon wizard, and left Generate p States and C states unchecked. Is this the same as setting them to no?

From there I restarted and got the KP :(

Hello

Andy has his method, i have mine...

I told you before... I never did this Andy's method, so what i can do is help you with my knowledger... You're confusing the things

Please, re-install OSX.

Install Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/59-chameleon-22-svn/
Download pkg

And do everything that i taught to you do...
Don't install NullCPUPM, please...

copy the entire command into the terminal and hit enter to generate SSDT, remeber, put this SSDT in Extra folder

Ok. I think we're on the same page now. I was under the impression you wanted me to do these things after I ran Andy's installer. Just to be clear, I can still use this method, you just don't want me using andy's post installer right? I can reinstall and follow your steps. The one hiccup I've been having is NVDAResman and NVDAResmanTesla cause errors preventing me from installing maverick. The only way around this that I have found is to remove them from the installer package, but this causes my graphics card to not completely (no acceleration or qe/ci) so i'm trying to get this resolved today before I try the reinstall. 

Any ideas?

Hello

I'm little bussy, so...

I think better you just follow what I say ... I'm who help you... and also follow both at the same time hasn't connection...

Put your signature on the hardware, so I can help you better ...

After installing maverick and manually installing chameleon and chameleon wizard, i still cannot boot without initially booting from the USB. I had to manually create an extra folder and "save as" to create the SMBIOS and org.chameleon plist via chameleon wizard. I'm not sure what else I need to do to get the computer bootable without a usb. 

When I do try to boot from the hard drive it stalls out either at a black screen which says vesa 3.0 and then press any key to continue but doesn't actually boot. The screen does mention chameleon 2.2 at the top as well. Not sure how to procede before i create the SSDT and patch the AICPUPM

thanks

Hello

Ok

Did you install FakeSMC? it's very important

So your scenario is like this?
*SSDT created by Pike's script(put in Extra folder) YES
*P and C States=No YES
*Patched AICPUPM YES
*DropSSDT=Yes YES
*Without NullCPUPM YES

please tell me how this are...

Hello. I have not installed FakeSMC. This is my first build and all my previous installs were using automated programs so I'm not familiar with all the required components. Whats the best way to install fakesmc? Google FakeSMC and mavericks and install with Kext Utility? Other than smbios, org.chameleon, and fake smc is there anythign else that's required before I add in the SSDT and follow your other steps? 

Also, I have created the SSDT but have not installed it as i want to make sure I can boot before proceeding. When I created it i got the warning that my cpu type may be improper (0x0701 instead of 0x0601). Do i need to do anything about that warning? 

Thanks,

*P and C States=No YES

*Patched AICPUPM YES

Just to clarify a few things

P and C state generation are disabled by default in Chameleon, so there is no need to explicitly disable them.

Instead of patching AICPUPM there is also the possibility of using pmpatch, essentially achieving the same thing (unlocking the MSR 0xE2 register, allowing for native CPU power management to function), but permanently. If that is the issue you're patching for, of course....

There are two major advantages to this method:

You won't have to worry about future system updates replacing your patched AICPUPM.kext

You will be able to install without having to use nullcpupm.

That is, assuming there is a way to flash a modified BIOS to your motherboard of course.

You will not be able to boot OS X on a PC at all without fakesmc.kext.

If I recall correctly, the SSDT generation script (read about it, study what it is you're doing!) fixes the CPU type error.

Actually this may be down to choosing the correct model identifier in smbios.plist as well. For Ivy Bridge CPUs that's usually iMac13,1 or 13,2. I don't know about Sandy Bridge.

• Like 1

Hello

Other than smbios, org.chameleon, and fake smc is there anythign else that's required before I add in the SSDT and follow your other steps?

No.

P and C state generation are disabled by default in Chameleon, so there is no need to explicitly disable them.

I only said this, because many people enable it... so... say disable P and C States(force user to don't enable it) tira muita dor de cabeça de quem ajuda(você entende  que eu falo) :)

Gringo Vermelho clarity few things to you...

Study and try do what i said...

Good Luck!

Edited by PimentelX86
  • Like 1

Hey thanks Gringo. I was wondering if i needed to explicitly state p and c states as No. I had read elsewhere that by default they are disabled so I was a little confused. 

As far as the bios, when i originally started out installing mavericks, I had downloaded a patched bios (version 2103) from samisnake repository. It seems to work fine as I don't notice any issues. I've asked around online if this would create issues with regards to these tweaks but haven't heard back from anyone yet. Should i go to the asus site and flash back to an unmodified bios?

I'll read through that post and see what i can do to fix that cpu error type. Any advice on where to get the FakeSMC?

Thanks so much!

OK I see, samisnake's BIOS are patched with pmpatch.

So if your BIOS is already patched, then you should be able to use an unpatched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, and of course there is no need for nullCPUPM.kext either.

Unless there is some other issue with Sandy Bridge CPUs that I'm not aware of.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. As of right now I have done every step instructed including patching the AICPUPM and adjusting all the settings in chameleon wizard. I have 3 questions as of right now.

1) I still can't boot. I posted a pick of where i get stuck, its very early on in the boot process. When I try to boot from my hdd and just holds there w.o actually giving me a KP. I have installed fakesmc and I do have dropssdt=yes.

2) How do I get an unpatched version of the AICPUPM to replace my current patched one.

3) How do I test to see if my computer and powermanagement are behaving properly?

thanks!

post-1273264-0-60507100-1389195141_thumb.jpg

Hello

1- It's seemed confusing, but... you need Remove PR_Scope drom DSDT and disable DropSSDT(DropSSDT=No or only don't check this) i had the same problem...

2- Each version OSX has a new version of AICPUPM... only way to get a unpatched AICPUM is getting original from untouched OSX... But why you want get a unpatched AICPUPM?

3-If you have Sleep/Wake and all states work... so you have power management

1) Ok so I now have to edit my DSDT and then I need to set DropSSDT=No and then this will allow me to boot without my installer USB? Should I keep the SSDT that I made? 

2) The reason I want an unpatched is like Gringo explained, my bios has already been patched thus I no longer need a patched AICPUPM. 

3) Finally can you tell me how i test to make sure all c states and p states work? It does not seem like my computer sleeps so it's probably not working, but what is the formal way to test to make sure my cpu is working properly. 

Thanks,

As far as removing PR_Scope, do I just find and delete all references to it in DSDT Editor? 

In the program it lists 2 p states, my current one is 16 and then it says potential states are 16, 34. I assume this is not ideal  :blush:

Hello

Yes remove all references in DSDT...

Use app DSDT Editor... is a excelent app to DSDT editing

Currently you're not booting from HDD, you're booting from usb stick and in usb stick has the kext NullCPUPM, it only give a generic power management, because this only apear 2 states, but when you boot from HDD and have everything configurated, i think you'll have more than only 2 states

Hey. So I went through DSDT. Theres no PR_Scope, but there was Scope(_PR) which i removed. I complied w.o errors and changed DropSSDT to no. Then i got the kernel panic seen in the picture related to AICPUPM. 

Sorry this is being such a pain to get running. I appreciate your help and patience though.

So what's next boss?

post-1273264-0-75531500-1389225633_thumb.jpg

So i restored my computer using carbon copy. Turns out, with andy's installer, i'm not using nullcpu. I wasn't getting any more pstates, so i turned on GeneratePStates in chameleon wizard and now i get 6, and my computer seems to go between them easily. I still can't put the computer to sleep tho. I don't know how to test c states to know what c states i'm getting and if i'm going between them smoothly. 

I do appreciate all your help Pimentel so far. I guess our systems are just different enough. Any chance you can help me with my graphics card issues? Its properly recognized in system info, but i cannot get QE/CI support or change the resolution (i've even tried dsdt editing). I've tried a lot of different things. As long as graphicsenabler=yes the card is recognized. Otherwise i got nothing. 

Hey so i decided to upgrade my graphics card, thinking maybe i just had a bad apple. I upgraded to a GTX 650 ti which should be natively supported. I turned graphics enabler off in chameleon wizard. With the new graphics card, the system is reporting i have a generic "nvidia chip model 3 mb" as my graphics card. With graphicsenabler=yes, it recognizes the card but says the vram is 0 mb. Also no hardware acceleration is working and i can't change resolution either. 

I'm not really sure why this isn't working. With the old card, the open gl program also reported the vram was 0 mb (also same as steam). I wonder if there is something basic i've done wrong or forgotten as both these cards should work simply, and neither do. I've looked in the bios but can't find anything I can edit. My smbios is set to imac 13,1 which lists the gtx 650 as part of the build. 

Any ideas.