kext cache and gpu issue

boterock

8 posts in this topic

Hello

I recently bought a new computer, and installed hackintosh and so far it has worked really well... most of the components are working, but there are still two issues that I have not been able to solve.

I am not a native english speaker but i'll do my best

the first is the boot, I always have to boot with -f flags, I have previously tried rebuilding the kext cache with other guides that i've found, but i have had no success.... 

the second is that the gpu gets very hot when idle, it takes its time but it feels hot when I touch it after awhile, and when I boot in windows it comes back to normal temperature after 10 minutes...

I am no expert and it would be nice if someone helped me

my specs are:

Intel Core i5 4430

Board Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

Kingston 240GB SSD HyperX

Geforce GTX TITAN

16gb Kingston HyperX RAM @2400Mhz (though I don't thing this is important)

I have successfully installed Mavericks and updated to DP5

thank you in advance

Edit: forgot to say... installed using myhack 3.2 beta 8 and this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290406-success-gigabyte-z87x-ud3h-mavericks-dp2-haswell-hackintosh/

Edited by boterock

well the agpm hint helped me, I found that agpm works with certain models, and then I found that I hadn't set up the smbios.plist, so I did, used MacbookPro 10,1 and it worked, no overheating in the gpu anymore, although I don't know the downsides of using certain smbios... I used mbp but I don't know if it would be better to use mac mini or imac, tried mac pro and it did not boot...

about the kext cache... I did run the sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel and it throws me a bunch of kext files, and there are many of them I think I don't need (printers and other things) but i'm not sure what to do next, should I remove them one by one and try until It fixes, or is there some word that helps me identify the extension I should remove, or I should patch then somehow? If needed I post later the message the terminal showed.... Im not at home... thank you very much

If you can show an output that is gven after you prelink the kernel that would be helpful in pin pointing where the issue is.

Regarding the SMBios, depending on your CPU, the Mac Model you choose will be influenced by it. You’re using an Ivy Bridge SMBios which is similar to Haswell so certain things would work to an extent but still isn’ the “right” SMBios you should be using.  In your case of the Haswell i5, the only SMBios that currently corresponds to Haswell is the latest Macbook Air which is  MacBookAir6,1 and MacBookAir6,2 .  You’d have to try it out and see since I myself don’t own a Haswell CPU.

well this is the output I get from kextcache -prelinked-kernel:

localhost:~ boterock$ sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel
Password:
kext com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID  404009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.promise.driver.stex  501649000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.wacom.kext.pentablet  503029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
NVDANV50Hal.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.NVDAResman.
NVDANV50Hal.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext"
kext org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext org.netkas.FakeSMC  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e  111100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.sojugarden.myHack  101009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA  101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/mDNSOffloadUserClient.kext"
kext com.highpoint-tech.kext.HighPointRR  300009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.highpoint-tech.kext.HighPointIOP  300009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.kext.HDAEnabler  100001001 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.nvidia.CUDA  101009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.CalDigit.driver.HDPro  201019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
BJUSBLoad.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext jp.co.canon.bj.print.BJUSBLoad  200139000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID2  300019000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID  307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3  100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA2  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4  404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC8  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC  304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load
kext com.Areca.ArcMSR  103059000 is in exception list, allowing to load
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePolicyControl.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleCameraInterface.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/acfsctl.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/acfs.kext"
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load
BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
Prelink failed for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal; omitting from prelinked kernel.

hello

the problem is here

Prelink failed for com.apple.nvidia.nv50hal; omitting from prelinked kernel.

rename that kext nv50hal.kext nv50hal.kext.orig

and try to boot without that kext

if it boot allright

try to generate again the kernelcache

good hack

• 2 months later...

Hi! Artur-pt,

I have the same problem and unable to identify the cause from the prelinked output.  Can you offer some help for me? thank you so much!

Here is my output

Password:

kext com.splashtop.driver.SRXFrameBufferConnector  106009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.splashtop.driver.SRXDisplayCard  106009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower  106069000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.dmweb.Natit  100011001 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA  101069000 is in exception list, allowing to load

WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext"

kext com.kext.HDAEnabler  100001001 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.nvidia.CUDA  101009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext jp.co.canon.bj.print.BJUSBLoad  1058009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASRAID  307029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA3  100059000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressSASHBA  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOExpressPCIUl4  404029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.ATTO.driver.ATTOCelerityFC  304089000 is in exception list, allowing to load

WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext"

WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

kext com.rafirafi.ALC887HDA  100019000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.splashtop.driver.SRXFrameBufferConnector  106009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.splashtop.driver.SRXDisplayCard  106009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower  106069000 is in exception list, allowing to load