[Incomplete guide] HP DV6-6047CL Mountain Lion 10.8.4

lightskreen

87 posts in this topic

Helloo again, I just got on Mavericks GM. What kexts do you use for audio and battery ? Meter is wonky with voodoobattery and stock AppleHDA doesn't work even though in verbose mode I can see it saying sound insertion etc etc. Somehow bluetooth fixed itself :D.

Thanks

I'll upload my battery and AppleHDA so you can test if it works. I've been busy with school and testing something special. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nhp929e1dbv22an/Kexts.zip

• Like 2

I'm in suspense too. Schools been taking up a lot of my free time latley, so we'll just have to be in suspense for a little bit longer ;)

@AeroXLR Thanks for adding my blog into your signature! Describes it very well :D

It does describe it well doesn't it  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's new guys

Well, I'm probably going to start a new topic about my laptop in Mavericks. I feel as though a new topic would be the best way to organize it all. I'm going to do a reinstall so I can detail the steps as best I can, even though they're pretty much the same as the Mountain Lion install.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I made an update! The Extra folder now has the NVRam module included so sign-ins work. And the patched 10.9.2 kernel is in the extra folder so if you ever need to update it you just copy another mach_kernel into that folder and voila! The only thing that doesn't work really is the radeon card and the card reader, which I don't use but I'm looking into it for completedness.

Also, that 6770m enabling method is very interesting. I'm going to try clover legacy boot and then clover efi. I feel like it would be beneficial to use clover even if the 6770m can't be enabled.

Side-note: AeroXLR, you may want to try the ACPIBatteryDriver.Kext included in my new pack. I get pretty accurate battery because of it now. It needed a DSDT edit to get working, though. Uses the vanilla appleacpiplatform which is nice. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, thanks for the tutorial! I have the same model as you with the modded F1B BIOS and all, but with the lower res screen. Any chance I could get the DSDT without the dual-link patch? And/Or list of patches you applied or an undo of the dual-link patch so I can do it myself in the future?

Also, did clover work good for you?

EDIT:

So I opened up the DSDT from your latest pack in MacIASL and just applied RehabMan's HD3000 low res patch since it removes the dual-link patch in the process, applied basic syntax patches to compile and used that. Not sure if it's correct but the dsdt loads and gives me full HD3000 graphics and sleep. To get brightness keys and left usb3.0 ports to work though, I had to use the corresponding kexts from your old pack. Do you still have to use these kexts or are DSDT patches supposed to take care of it now? I'm just wondering wether they were left out of the new pack by mistake, or if my hacky re-edit of your DSDT broke these features which you may gotten to work natively with your DSDT. If those two kexts were left out by mistake, are there any kexts or procedures I should be following from the old tutorial?

Only other issues I've noticed so far are the occasional failed wake from sleep, volume level resetting to max if left idle for too long, and sometimes continual network drop-out over ethernet until reboot. Again, wondering if you see any of these issues with your DSDT?

Also, if you get a chance later could you let me know what patches you've applied for DSDT in total now? It would help me understand what should and shouldn't be working, and even with playing around with clover.

Great job on this all!! Laptop works nearly 100%!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the tutorial! I have the same model as you with the modded F1B BIOS and all, but with the lower res screen. Any chance I could get the DSDT without the dual-link patch? And/Or list of patches you applied or an undo of the dual-link patch so I can do it myself in the future?

Also, did clover work good for you?

EDIT:

So I opened up the DSDT from your latest pack in MacIASL and just applied RehabMan's HD3000 low res patch since it removes the dual-link patch in the process, applied basic syntax patches to compile and used that. Not sure if it's correct but the dsdt loads and gives me full HD3000 graphics and sleep. To get brightness keys and left usb3.0 ports to work though, I had to use the corresponding kexts from your old pack. Do you still have to use these kexts or are DSDT patches supposed to take care of it now? I'm just wondering wether they were left out of the new pack by mistake, or if my hacky re-edit of your DSDT broke these features which you may gotten to work natively with your DSDT. If those two kexts were left out by mistake, are there any kexts or procedures I should be following from the old tutorial?

Only other issues I've noticed so far are the occasional failed wake from sleep, volume level resetting to max if left idle for too long, and sometimes continual network drop-out over ethernet until reboot. Again, wondering if you see any of these issues with your DSDT?

Also, if you get a chance later could you let me know what patches you've applied for DSDT in total now? It would help me understand what should and shouldn't be working, and even with playing around with clover.

Great job on this all!! Laptop works nearly 100%!

I think I just missed a few things in it, honestly. Clover doesn't work very well because this laptop doesn't support uefi very well. I've used chameleon since the start and it flies. The brightness keys seemed to break if you fixed some warnings in the DSDT. You absolutely need IOWMIFamily.Kext for brightness, and a patched AppleHDA for audio. Battery kernel extensions i've experimented with a lot so if you want to patch together something be my guest! Sadly, I'm moving to a new laptop and handing this one over to my mother who needs one badly. Got a Vizio CT14-A4 and it's nearly booted successfully! You probably won't get much more from me on this particular laptop model. I'll dump all the files that I have soon so the community can continue to improve them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to hear you are leaving the DV6. However, congratulations on the purchase, looks like a beautiful laptop. I'm sure the difference must be outstanding  :lol:. I guess the only thing to miss is the 6770M, unless you don't do any gaming/do casual gaming or have a desktop/console  :).

Soon i'll have to start looking for a second laptop because i'll be needing something portable on a daily basis for school. Think I might even get a cheap Windows 8.1 x86 tablet  :D. Any idea if it's possible to run OS X on the new line of Intel Atom's powering the x86 tablets?  :drool: that would be pretty sick.