This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X / macOS from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 11.0.2
Please note: In the latest VMwareGfx.kext from Fusion 8.5.5 onwards VMware have discontinued the 2D-Acceleration code, and graphics performance is better now, thanks to Zenith432 for the update.
To check for the latest version visit http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/. The various VMware Tools downloads are located under the packages folder for each version.
Instructions for extracting darwin.iso
- Download the file above
- Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
- darwin.iso is located in the "payload" folder
Clover r4799 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4799 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4799-X64 by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.