Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

General guide to enable Intel HD 4000 - Samsung NP550P5C (help)

6 posts in this topic

Hello there

I installed hachkintosh 10.8.2 ML on my samsung laptop.  NP550P5C

its ivy bridge, i have Nvidia GT650M and Intel HD 4000

all im trying is to get my HD 4000 working. I searched a lottt and read many guides and even saw afew successfull installation on same model of samsung laptop.

(however they are not same in specs)

Unfortunately I was not able to make it working, two times i got scrambled and noisy screen and mouse and keyboard disabled entierly!

one time i got black screen, and so...

Actually i alittle confused , because there are many different suggestions out there and im not sure which one is the best.

for example some say to put EFI string in deviceproperties , some say to change DSDT, some say to put some strange key and value in boot plist ,......

I really appreciate if someone can help me alittle. maybe its helpful for others too as i think i mixed different approaches.

Here is my situation : After installing and reboot, i had to remove Gforce..kext and all nvidia kext files and also all HD3000*.kext and HD400*.kext files to prevent my mac freezing.

Now, here is my questions :

1-Which kext files are exactly required to get my HD4000 working? do i need to copy HD4000*.kext  back?

and what about  framebuffer capri  ? do i need to put original files back and try to make it working by putting different EFI strings?

2-how many different approaches exists for this problem?

3-I tried to use this driver   http://www.osx86.net/view/3757-%5Bnew%5D_intel_hd_3000__hd_4000_10.8.3_ml_driver.html but it made my keyboard and mouse freezing :(

4-How can i make a correct EFI string without using the ready ones i can found on internet?

And my real question :

5-At the moment, i canboot my mac in normal mode and i dont have HD4000*.kext files installed. whats the next steps to enable my graphic?

I greately appreciate if someone can help me to solve this problem.

let me know if have to provide more information.

Thanks alot

Hi thanks for answer

it was so clear and helpful. now i understand which kexts are necessary. thank you so much :thumbsup_anim:

I didn't say what i found is someone invention or imagination though!!! i just wanted to know different approaches and their differences. :rolleyes:

By the way,
i tested them all and just got black or scrambled screen , and here is your answer to that situation :

if u try all things in guide, the script to edit, dual link patch..

none of them worked...

no ideas..

any other suggestions?

What could be the reason behind it? is there so much differences between HD4000 cards?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ahmedbilal
      I have Dell E5430 running Mac OS 10.12.3. Everytime, faceebook message came or any video played it hangs whole mac. Other browsers are working fine. This issue starts after Mac OS 10.11.5 update. But, I clean install after that. But, problem remain same. I also found same issue with people having intel hd 4400 and intel hd 4600. But, no one is having it with intel hd 4000. So, please guide me. - Thank you
    • By zrc007
      Hey guys, I'm new and could use a little help. I used rehabman's guide to install Yosemite on uefi using clover. I have an asus s400ca which has an Intel i5 along with Intel hd 4000 graphics. Every time I boot into OSX, I get horrible screen tearing. I am using a config.plist I found from http://d-h.st/0YV. I'm thinking maybe I should use clover configurator instead? When I get home I'll update with the kexts and drivers I'm using currently.
      On a side note here's what's correctly working/not working:
      No wifi (card not supported)
      Ethernet works
      Intel hd 4000, graphics acceleration works BUT terrible terrible screen tearing. Can't see anything.
      No sound.
      Brightness not working.
      I think numlock is on permanently now for whatever reason.
      Randomly crashes sometimes but I have no idea what happens since I can't see the screen :0
      Probably other stuff but one thing at a time ;P
    • By juanpex
      Hi guys,
      my machine has this specifications:
      Model: XPS L421X
      CPU: Intel Core i7 3rd generation
      Chipset: Intel HM77 Express Chipset 
      Memory: 8GB
      USB: 2 v3.0
      VIDEO: Integrated Intel HD 4000 / Discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 630M
      Storage: SSD 120 GB
      Display: 1600x900 (900p)
      Complete specifications are here
      My problem is this:
      I boot with this options: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 nv_disable=1
      When the load is finished the screen goes to Video mode and load the interface of the installer at language selection.
      Here the video change to a higher resolution and the screen is inoperable...the mouse and the interface response but
      is buggy all the video environment.
      Is there any option to load and use the installer only with the Intel 4000 card?
    • By Oliver94
      Hello guys, as I can see this happens to a lot of people, I'd the problem that the system was only getting 4mb from my VGA but now it's ok. The thing is that I'm not getting any kind of graphic acceleration, sometimes youtube on fullscreen looks weird, the progress bar appears and disappears, and also I'm not getting any transparency or "cool effects" that until I know I should see now. I've been looking posts to make this easier...
      I need to ask you some help, sorry if my english isn't properly...
      System specs:

As you can see I'm getting the 512mb from my Intel HD 4000 but I cannot see any graph acceleration. In other posts I saw that their op's posted their DSDT ... Would be great if someone can help me... Thank you guys!
      (sorry for my english)
      pd: currently using clover
      System DSDT.zip
    • By Mac_hack13
      i managed to install yosemite on HP g6-2290sx using clover efi r2953 ...
      i ve got the trackpad,keyboard,battery and audio working...
      However i cant get the intel HD 4000 to work as it should, it has only 4 mb vram and graphics are slow and has artifacts.
      also i need to get the ralink wifi and bluetooth and the realtek ethernet to work...
      list of hardware:
      Audio IDT working automatically
      GPU intel HD 4000 not working preoperly
      trackpad working
      keyboard working
      USB working
      battery working
      ralink wifi not working
      ralink bluetooth not working
      realtek ethernet not working properly